oil filter housing plug size please

hi all!

i got down to finaly fitting the sender for my oil temp guage (after 2 years of putting it off). i stripped it all down, got the power steering pump and brackets off, only to find i got the wrong adaptor to fit the send to the plug on the side of the oil filter housing...

can anyone point me in the right direction of what size this monster of a plug is? or where i can get hold of an adaptor?

unfortunatly a sandwhich plate is not an option as i have a thermostatic sandwhich plate to go to my new oil cooler in there :(

Cheers in advance for your help!!

GO GO GO GO!!!!

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

due to lack of response, i will soon be taking the car apart and taking the plug to an engineers myself to find out what size it is, then i will link to adaptor plug. hope this will help alot of you out and hopefully put an end to this age old question.

(i went to toyota today and even they didnt know what size it was or what part number)

Most aftermarket oil gauge sensors (pressure & temp) I believe normally use an 1/8 npt thread were as manufacturers (Like the standard oil pressure switch) use 1/8 bsp thread. The thread pitch for the plug on the oil filter housing is definetly 1.5 but Im not certain on the size. It looks like an m16 to me but Im not 100% sure as I have nothing to measure it with, so this is by eye. The adaptor you need should be a, Male M16 X1.5 to female 1/8npt.