wideband fitting cost

Its pretty simple to install from what I am aware.

Screw the sensor into the exhaust run the wires to the cabin and the gauge, plug the gauge into your ECU (I have EMU so it will plug straight in there) and just a few wires to power the gauge.

You DO need to calibrate the innovate, you don't need to with the aem.

They provide like any gauge, information on whats happeneing, eg the AFR's. Also with some ecu's you can tie them in for AFR target mapping.

Wide band will give you the afr ratio, I believe an air/fuel will just give you rich or lean, but not totally sure about air/fuel gauges.

ive got jus a afr gauge from auto gauge it has lean normal

and stoich and it goes up n dwn as i drive mainly sits in normal

unless i boot it then it goes stoich i think its just a cheap piece of shit

not even sure where its plummed into lol

them afr gauges are poo poo from what ive heard....what values does it use to say your car is normal/lean/stoic? waste of money you need the exact value of there abouts to get the best power and to know whats going on......normal can have a big range as can lean etc etc

I've heard that some Innovate widebands can be a little problematic. Apparently some on them keep losing calibration and to recalibrate them requires the sensor to be removed from the exhaust because it needs totally clean air or "free air", I believe. That could get very tiresome after a while. The problems that some people have discovered may be related to the way it's been installed, I don't know.

The Aem ones come pre calibrated from the factory using a resistor built into the sensors plug, iirc. If/when you change the sensor it comes with the right value for that sensor.

Gavin

Ollie, its worth fitting a wideband to your car once you start modifiying the engine. Ok it costs £150+ but in the long run you can monitor the afrs aswell as saving money and paying a tuner £100 each time to fuel tune it.

Its saved my engine from going bang.

Ollie, its definatly worth buying, i brought mine from ebay next day delivery for around £150.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-GAUGE-6-in-1-TYP...=item45eff60fa0

this is the guy.

misterdan - i did mate, all you do is go under the car and mark around the 10 oclock position if your going in from behind, from the front its 2 oclock, after the flexi pipe. remember the sensor is going here so make sure its not gonna clash with the bottom of the car once its fitted.

IMG_1163.jpg

take off the pipe, get it drilled , get the bung welded, put sensor in, and plug and play.

I shorted the wires as the wires were too long and wanted to make things tidy.

hope this helps.