whats needed to make a forged engine

been looking into more power next year as i have more money and i have come across some quite good bargains so i may get them too build myself a forged but what exactly do i need ?

i was thinking

wossner pistons 75mm

low compression rings

standard conrods - maybe uprated if money is ok

acl racing shells

and 265 billet cams

i understand other work would have to be done

port polish

skimming head gaskets

arp bolts etc

but is that everything id need ?

You can use std rods theres nothing wrong with doing so, IF your staying within the rev limit of 7-8k have a look at the Jam glanza iirc it only has uprated pistons and was pushing out 280 odd

forged pistons will allow you to take the engine up to higher levels of boost IF within stock revs ~7.5k (although is not just revs which kill rods)....its all about the map if i had the money id just rebuild a high spec standard engine forged pistons and shell out for a decent mapper....if your wanting hybrid or td04 (ive read it runs out off puff by 7k on tgtt) youll be fine with just stock rods get the GT ones if you can. Td04 is more than enough power for a FTE after that your just chasing figures...and traction

im thinking of leaving engine standard for now and getting

killamatts ct9 power up kit

tial ext wastegate

emanage blue/ultimate

enzo's ct12 hybrid

wallbrough fuel pump

i recon i should get about the 220bhp mark with all this plus it will be less laggy and eventually also get a lighter flywheel to help the lag so all the td04 boys around here i should kock their asses :(

As said mate rods are a must imo, for the sake of a few hundred quid for peace of mind i would deffo uprate them.

But if you dont at least use GT rods as they are thicker than glanza rods

theres no way ide spend all that money on the engine and leave the std rods in there, makes no sense imo.

your right saying it can be down to the map, but that also means the mappers only gotta get it wrong once and your fucked, forged rods and youre alot safer

Im with sanchez tbh, minimum should be, uprated rods and forged pistons. You mention port polish and billet cams, niether of wich are needed realy, and as a heads up the cams give a very lazy engine till around 4.5k rpm so if you want quick response dont get billet cams lol.