Fitting strut bar, charcoal filter?

Right im attempting to fit my strut brace (front) onto my ep91 non turbo.

There is a black filter that is in the way connected to a bracket on the engine bay. It has a largeish tube coming from the top and a smaller one from the bottom that leads down to the bottom of the engine bay then dissapears.

Where can i move this to or is it not needed?

If it isnt how to i loop the two cables together?

Thanks guys :(

right just had another look at it, the top tube goes to the fuel rail, i then undid the top bolt and it smells of fuel, so im guessing its the fuel filter, can this be moved or looped together?

what can i do to be able to fit the brace?

thanks

undo the 2 bolts on the bracket thing holding it on, then put the strut brace over the bolts on the driverside and then push against the filter with the other side until the brace reaches the otherside, then take it off and stick some foam tape around either the filter or brace, to stop it rattling on cold starts :(

That's the oil filter, this always happens with UK spec 91's. Just bent it back slightly, using a crow bar or a rubber mallet :(

not sure on what stut brace it is, it came off a ep82 i believe

Ye i bend the bracket slightly so that i could fit it on, its all on now though :o thanks everyone

oil filter? charcoal filter?.......its the fuel filter (as you found out) which gets in the way so no you cant loop it.....bend it back a little and put it on

be a nice clean mod to relocate it like on the V`s out of the way hmmmmmmmm