frozen windscreen help?

Just been stuck at work for an hour well annoyed

windscreen was frozen on the inside and my heaters dont work. even more annoying the ford quick clear system doesnt wortk well either. its -14c outside and i dont fancy trying to defrost the windscreen relying on the heaters tomorrow morning at 4 o clock when i have work

its that frozen solid even an ice scraper and de icer on the inside wont even come close to clearing it. I've had hot water on a cloth trying to melt it to no avail

anyone got any nifty tricks that might help me with this matter at all will be gretly appreciated lol

can keep the car running while they were doing it thats a good idea

but as you know its 7 o clock i cant move my car cause cant defrost the windscreen and i need to be up at 4 to go to work

good idea rob....but again dont have a hot water bottle :(

true true

but yeah i cant get it to clear at all 30 mins of car running and it didnt even start to even break. i had to pick a small patch off with a knife and drive home very slowly and carefully

never doing that again :(

WD 40, heat the WD 40 can up. Not in boiling water but just over luke warm water and that should help. But -14 i am guessing the frost is going to be fucking thick!

Heat applied to the outside of the windscreen will help clear frost form the inside. How you are going to apply heat, i am not sure. Hot water? not too hot obviously. but that will freeze if left too long.

i googled for you, mixing vinegar and some water in a spray bottle will work haha

Genious thanks for that i have a spray bottle vinegar and water so il try that. did it say how much vinegar to put in. my god thats going to stink though haha

WD 40, heat the WD 40 can up. Not in boiling water but just over luke warm water and that should help. But -14 i am guessing the frost is going to be fucking thick!

Heat applied to the outside of the windscreen will help clear frost form the inside. How you are going to apply heat, i am not sure. Hot water? not too hot obviously. but that will freeze if left too long.

good advice might chuck a bowl of luke warm water over it and try some warm wd40 and also wantaglanz's tip of vinegar too

cheers lads hope it works :(

2 parts vinegar to 1 part water, not sure how good it will be tbh

also found this bout doubt you will have any of this stuff at home

"Use a bottle of 70% isopropyl alcohol (50% works, too, but not as well) with a few drops of dish soap. Apply liberally to the glass with a spray bottle"

wont do me anygood now though

il be buying a pluig in heater on my first day off on thursday lol

well its 5 o clock and im off to go try all the suggestions now lol wish me look will let you know which, if any, worked tonight lol