Car insurance lottery!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm strange!!. they recognise my car and everything fine but say they cant givve me a quote. elephant is the bets so far now, except the excess of 1000 get its below 2000. and i no it sounds wierd. but i want a v. but i cant get insursed by elephant or admiral or anyone until im 21. whys tht?

hmmm strange!!. they recognise my car and everything fine but say they cant givve me a quote. elephant is the bets so far now, except the excess of 1000 get its below 2000. and i no it sounds wierd. but i want a v. but i cant get insursed by elephant or admiral or anyone until im 21. whys tht?

that is wierd as they are the same cars really, engine wise. i hate insurance companies! and they have all gone up in price because of all the uninsured drivers!! makes you think...........lol

My current quotes from Admiral..

GT turbo: £1071

Glanza V: £2900

Mazda rx8: £2200

Nissan 200sx S14a: £2000

Why a glanza is the most expensive baffles me.

thats crazy! you have me worried now for when mine renews in April. i will do some digging tonight and see what quotes i get, as i may need to start saving! i will keep you posted

god knows when i got my glanza at 18 they wouldnt insure me on it til i was 19 and adrian flux were the only people that would touch me, i went to aviva direct to try and get a better deal but they wouldnt insure me til i was 21 and when i asked why adrian flux would and they wouldnt, they said as adrian flux is selling the insurance through them its down to adrian flux as to what age they want to insure you

it is as grt-r33 says. a money lottery. they just seem too make up figures as they please.! im starting too consider selling and gettin something much cheaper too insure. but still want something quick. its shocking really for youngsters to be expected too pay stupid money. because alot of the time its also older uninsured drivers. well. expecially on traffic cops and stuff like that haha :L

ok here are some quotes i have just got, all are fully comp. im 22 with 5 years ncb. i have also had one claim (non fault) and the additional driver has also had oneclaim (non fault) dont worry they get better as they go on!

Admiral

Main driver - no mods - £150 excess = £1000

Main driver +1 - no mods - £150 excess = £900

Main driver +1 - mods declared - £150 excess = £1035

Tiger Insurance (broker)

Main Driver +1 - no mods - £200 excess = £785

Bell

Main driver - no mods - £150 excess = £950

Main driver + 1 - mods declared - £150 excess = 954

Main driver +1 - no mods - £150 excess = £770

Aviva

Main driver - no mods - £150 excess and extra £200 excess as im under 25 = £1270

Main driver + 1 - no mods - £150 excess and extra £200 excess as im under 25 = £557.99

Main driver + 1 - no mods - £350 excess and extra £200 excess as im under 25 = £460.99

havent been able to get a quote with mods yet due to website failure! but will try again tomorrow

the higher the excess cheaper it is, as you probably know. hope this helps some people out! ;)

Im not looking forward to my renewal! Im 18 with 1yr ncb £1000 excess and no mods declared and i payed £3300 with admiral!

Crazy i know but its what i wanted haha

Joe

Im not looking forward to my renewal! Im 18 with 1yr ncb £1000 excess and no mods declared and i payed £3300 with admiral!

Joe

thats why i waited until i was nearly 22 to own a glanza. wouldnt pay £3300 in insurance and £1000 excess no matter how much i loved them lol

Joe

bloody hell!! i thought mine was bad. last year i paid 2600 on the gt. until i moved from scotland to wales. then it went up too 3000. but at the time i could afford it because of decent income.

and thanks kirsty for the update on your renewal quotes. shame tiger wont give me quotes like that :ph34r:

bloody hell!! i thought mine was bad. last year i paid 2600 on the gt. until i moved from scotland to wales. then it went up too 3000. but at the time i could afford it because of decent income.

and thanks kirsty for the update on your renewal quotes. shame tiger wont give me quotes like that :ph34r:

you've just got to play around with the details, until you get the price you want lol. :lol:

you've just got to play around with the details, until you get the price you want lol. :lol:

much easier said than done though. i can never get them too drop loads. now my estimated mileage is 6500 haha :o

much easier said than done though. i can never get them too drop loads. now my estimated mileage is 6500 haha :lol:

mine came down loads when i added another driver. im the main driver and i add someone on as infrequent and it really comes down. i remember on my old car it nearly halved. doesnt make sense but then again insurance companies never do!

mine came down loads when i added another driver. im the main driver and i add someone on as infrequent and it really comes down. i remember on my old car it nearly halved. doesnt make sense but then again insurance companies never do!

fair enough. but the quotes ive been gettin are with 3 named drivers, all have had there licence for over 15 years with no points in the last 5 years and no claims. ive run out of ideas now haha :lol:

fair enough. but the quotes ive been gettin are with 3 named drivers, all have had there licence for over 15 years with no points in the last 5 years and no claims. ive run out of ideas now haha :lol:

are you declaring your mods on these quotes?