air feed starlet sr

hey i was just wondering if this would make a difference, ive got a vacume pipe and a funnel on one side the funnel will go behind the bottom grill, i probs paint the funnel though

also what is this box before the filter, its on the under side of the pipe, the reason i ask is becasue i wanted to get a bigger pipe so i could position the filter nearer to the fron but ive been told to leave it as it is.

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

ok ok i get the point but whats the box for, its the box before the air filter its a black box on the pipe. i did look on ebay but they are too short i think. the good ones are like 20 i think ill stick with my d.i.y until i can afford it lolz thnxs for ya help and i appreciate the criticism

I think the box is just a chamber for holding the air (like reserve) To be honest a cold air feed will do fook all on an n/a. No point unless going baws out on mods, plus your directing nice cold air over a VERY hot manifold :p

so what your saying is that by adding the cold air feed pipe im blocking cold air frm the manifold

i disagree that a cold air feed will do fook all for an n/a. the engine fuels and runs better with cold air as you will know. so the feed will have a benifit over no feed. yes i agree that a heat sheilded filter is much better, as i have a carbon encased one with direct feed and is 100% better than an open filter.

colder air = better, so any little helps.

as an alternate route for your feed that doesnt run over your mani will be under your splash guard under your passenger side bit of your front bumper.