well im new to this site and just after buying a ep70 1 litre and wondering is it a lot of work to convert a standerd ep70 xl to a ep71 1.3 turbo

will the engine fit straight in with a bit of wiring ???

wil the back axle fit straight in wit disc breaks ??? and will i need to fit new breaks in the front or will the 1 litre breaks in it do ???

and do the petrol pumps fit straight in or what ???

would i just b better off whit a different engine all together ??? like the gt starlet engine from 1990 up words or would it take a lot more work ??? or a front wheel drive twin cam engine i would do the extra work on the engine mounts or what ever else i would have to do if ye tink i would be better off ???

plzzz leave pictures of what ever conversions ye did on yer ep70 or ideas on what engines ye think i would be better of using sound

well im new to this site and just after buying a ep70 1 litre and wondering is it a lot of work to convert a standerd ep70 xl to a ep71 1.3 turbo

wil the back axle fit straight in wit disc breaks ??? and will i need to fit new breaks in the front or will the 1 litre breaks in it do ???

would i just b better off whit a different engine all together ??? like the gt starlet engine from 1990 up words or would it take a lot more work ??? or a front wheel drive twin cam engine i would do the extra work on the engine mounts or what ever else i would have to do if ye tink i would be better off ???

plzzz leave pictures of what ever conversions ye did on yer ep70 or ideas on what engines ye think i would be better of using sound

welcome along first of all,not much work atall better to by a smashed gt or glanza and use all from that.

wiring is handy if you have everything.pump will fit into your original tank handy enough and the rear disk beam of a gt or glanza and so will the fronts :lol:

you sound irish so register up here

http://toyotaownersclub-irl.forumotion.com/

plenty of boxys on here and most have had conversions :p

im also new to the site and owns a EP71...but need the factory decals....would really love to show what the car looks like but have no idea how to attach a pic

• 3 weeks later...

If your swapping everything over from a EP71 Turbo S donor then the conversion is pretty easy. Rear brakes are the same so (drums) so leave them, front brakes are easy to swap over

(1e ones are smaller), swap the fuel tank over and the fuel lines (TURBO S tank has a swirl pot inbuilt, your stock carb one doesn't, and the fuel lines are different), you'll need to put a high pressure filter on the firewall too. Wiring wise just swap everything over (engine, chassis and dash looms.

If your converting from a EP82/91 GT Turbo then the job is a bit trickier. The fuel tank wont fit and you'll have to modify the lines to fit. The rear axle wont bolt straight over (panhard runs from the opposite side for starters) and the wiring needs to be converted to work etc