Hi,

ive got a problem on the ep82.. basically its not dumping any air out of the wastegate.. i have checked every possible pipes ECU wires etc and its all fine.. it pops slightly aswel

i havent drove the car for over a month now (parkd for winter) & i dont know how the problem started because car was fine when i parked it up over a month ago & i start it every other day to keep things runnin smooth..

since its been parkd i have installed a blitz ID power meter.. & decided to tke it for a spin & it jerked n nothing dumping out of external wastegate..

im running a ct9 hybrid, never had a problem with the car at all..

surely someone must have a clue on here ??? asap

Thanks! :lol:

sorry to confuse u all..

im running a external wastegate, (no dumpy)

ct9 hybrid @ 0.8 bar

no boost controller, external wastegate runs off a spring

never had a problem with the car like this before, it was totally fine since parked up.. (parked up for winter)

i start the car up ever other day to keep thngs smooth..

blits power meter is removed, bt i know ths has nothing to do with the problem

my mate who had the car before says maybe its because i havn driven it for a while???

Does it boost?

Are you just reving it, or actually driving it?

You don't hear the screamer pipe at all?

jus revving it the past month, drove it today tho

yeh it boosts fine, maybe slightly laggy or is it me, because havn driven it around 5weeks

i havn blasted it yet, but around 2krpm the wastegate dumps air out normally.. ??? :lol:

i think your problem doesnt exist. the wastegate does not need to open if u aint blasting it. try blasting it and if it holds the set boost pressure then nothing is wrong.

thre defo is something wrong from wastegate side, as said before took the car for a spin & wastegate normally makes a noise when im din bout 30mph while changn gear.. wastegate is like a ''dump V''

normally wastegate kicks in around 4krpm & thats parked in one place aswel..

u jus mite be rite thre shaun.. ive been thinkin boost leak too,

im gna have a propa check over 2mrw,

will get back to ths thread ^_^

SHAUN: u was rite i had boost leak, was a small split rubber pipe that bolts on the intercooler piping..

finally fot the car to boost again, because this morning it wasn't making any boost at all, until i removed a few bits to have a proper look..

**just 1 more question on this- now the wastegate is working BUT dosen't sound the same like before & im also sure the screamer pipe does'nt kick in ????