teething problems :-(

Hi guys, I'm having a few teething problems with this new engine in my glanza, i've ran it gently for 500 miles changing the oil and filter at 50, 250 and 500 mile markers, i've now done 750 miles and have started to give it some boost.

now the engine runs well, i set the timing to 10 btdc with te1 and e1 ports bridged and it ticks over at 1250rpm, i've checked all the vac pipes that i can see and they seem fine, i also took the icv valve off and cleaned it out... but it still won't drop unless i move the dizzy. this is issue one lol but wait there's more...

if i put my foot down the car goes really well, rev it up to about 5-6k there's a bit of a wierd noise like something vibrating the cam cover or something (but nothing's touching it) change gear and back off the accelerator i get a lovely swirl of blue smoke out the exhaust, was thinking the new rings might not be bedded in properly but after 750 miles i'd have thought they would be, it doesn't smoke any other time just after high revs/boost.

Just praying there's nothing seriously wrong!

is there anyone in or near newcastle with a v that i could take a look at to make sure my pipes/wires are all fitted in the correct places?

TIA,

chris.

full standard engine rebuild, new rings, rod/main and thrust bearings, oil pump, water pump all belts, tensioners ect all gaskets replaced.

fmic

running 0.8 bar

k&n filter

blitz bov.

i might pop down to peel stiggy if i get time, gonna pop to chrissy cee's and have a poke around his engine bay see if ownt's different to mine