im thinkin about gettin my cam belt done for piece of mind i was told it was done on import but i have had bad experiences with garages. Now i know any qualified mechanic can do a cambelt change, but have been reading storys on here lately about people having problems with power after cam belt change.

Is there anything a local mechanic will have to do differently with a ep91 4efte cambelt change what with it being turbo and import, i know i sound like a noob but i dont no whether its worth me travelling further distance to have a garage do it who know their way around a 4efte or whether any joey local mechanic can do it?

is there anything i should advise the mechanic when changing etc? and do you recommend using an uprated belt on a oem spec engine running 200bhp.

is a normal garage more than compentant to change my cambelt?

thanks people all i do is worry about this car.

garage will know what to do and normal belt should be fine. i think uprated belts are way overpriced. think of all the standard cars running over 200 bhp that belts only cost a few quid for so they cant be made much different

normal belt would be fine, you time the engine up before you take the old one off, the hard part is when you tension the belt afterwards, the timing can be checked with a timing mark afterwards if theres any problems.

most garages use something called autodata which gives the timing marks and all the information on what tools are needed ect, would be the same as a 4efe as far as i know <_<

i need to do mine really lol

most motor factors do them like euro car parts, if you book your car into a garage and ask them to get you a gates cambelt kit they should be able to get you one,

ok dude thanks so these will be better than toyota one? thanks for everyones replies. i need to learn to do some this stuff myself i might buy a 1.0 fiesta on a m reg to learn on lol

holy hell thats cheap lol so i will just neeed tensioners whats the etc? should i just buy a cambelt kit from toyota and this belt and sell the toyota belt?

na dude, if you buy the toyota kit, just use the toyota kit

you can buy either just the belt, or get cam belt kits

when you replace the belt its always best to replaced the tensioners and rollers while you are there, otherwise if you just put a belt on, a bearing in a roller might seize and you will need to do it all over again.

cambelt kit ftw :)