TDO4 - Will this fit, its got an unusual intake?

My TD04 arrived this morning, but the bloody thing has got a curved intake pipe on the turbo, can i still get this TD04 to fit?

Bloody pain in the ass and the guy is being a dick about me sending it back to him, i just hope i can wangle it to fit!

Photo-0040.jpg

Photo-0039.jpg

I am just hoping that the 90degree bend is going in the right direction in comparison to the boost output on the turbo, could someone check that? I havent checked against the car yet and I have been looking at the photos at all angles in work to see if it is the right way around or not!

Swear I've seen one like this on a EP if anything it will be easier to put an air filter on it don't think you'll have fitment issues tho

The 90 degree bend will be pointing towards your block like that so you will need to rotate the compressor housing so the bend points the other way, pretty sure there is a guide on how to "clock" it not a huge job.

You need to rotate the turbo, not a hard job but make sure you have these sort of pliers to open and close the circlip:

31g7gL+ZT4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

When you rotate the housing, you want the intercooler pipe to face straight down, once that's in place the inlet will be facing the front of the car as they are 90 degrees apart. The picture doesn't show the turbo properly, but here's mine.

P1040368.jpg

same one as mine. looks easier to fit than td04l in all fairness, just how close itll be to the oil filter thats bothering me

I'll have to pop my air filter off when I change the oil filter, but it's only one jubilee clip :lol:

Yes i thought i may have to rotate it, i am fitting an oil cooler with a filter relocater anyway so hopefully this shouldnt be as much of a problem :lol:

I'll have to pop my air filter off when I change the oil filter, but it's only one jubilee clip :p