Temp Gauge, is there a problem? - ep91

Hi all, on tick over my car will warm up nicely, showing just below half way on the temp gauge, however, as soon as im on the road, it soon goes down to just above cold, like not even in the markers of the gauge (thats how low it is)

Would this be due to my FMIC and relocated intake? Or is there a problem somewhere such as thermostat etc?

Cheers

Hi all, on tick over my car will warm up nicely, showing just below half way on the temp gauge, however, as soon as im on the road, it soon goes down to just above cold, like not even in the markers of the gauge (thats how low it is)

Would this be due to my FMIC and relocated intake? Or is there a problem somewhere such as thermostat etc?

Cheers

fmic and relocated intake wont do anything. friend had golf that did same as your saying and turned out the prev owner had removed the thermo ( i assume cause it was broke causing it to overheat)

so yar id start at the thermo

fmic and relocated intake wont do anything. friend had golf that did same as your saying and turned out the prev owner had removed the thermo ( i assume cause it was broke causing it to overheat)

so yar id start at the thermo

Cheers man, I'll have a look into it tomorrow. Are all the ep91 thermostats the same? Should be able to get one from the local motor factors if they are and do it tomorrow..

its the stat. if you cant get one for a couple of days cover half your radiator with a bit of cardboard to stop it cooling so well. stat takes about ten mins to change and i think mine was 13 quid from local motor factors. camskill do them for £9

mine only goes to about 70 max at idle then drops back down to 50 when driving.. ;)

Mine was a lot worse than that, when driving before, mine wouldn't even go in-between the markers!

Cheap enough part to replace, (I paid over the odds for mine at £15 inc Vat, but it meant I could get it with in the day) So I'm guessing it would be a good place to start