Newb after some advice

Evening all, Recently bought a standard Glanza apart from it has a dump valve and turbo timer. Soon im going to be looking at tuning it but im really not sure where to start.. Whats the best ways to get power out of these and how much money should i be budgeting? Id like to get it to about 170 bhp or as much power as i can can get with it still being reliable as its my daily driver for work. Cheers ;)

uprated manifold.de cat, adjusable actuator fpr fcd or run a piggyback like emanage blue, some decent leads run at 1 bar should c u around that mate mayb moor :)

Got any links as to where i can get the parts ill need ? :D

Thanks guys keep it coming

have a look throught the traders on here mate,

manifold and de cat prob try WEPR (Wicked EP Racing), Zisco or Race tech

get a mild steel mani though as there stronger and meant to be longer lasting than there stainless steel counterparts.

Fcd try the for sale section on here, or put up a wanted thread. maybe ebay? HKS and JAM do them, Jam are meant to be better

FSE or sard for the fuel pressure reg.

If your upping boost id definately get a boost guage, in fact id prob make that the first thing id get, you want to see if your boost is spiking/ creeping and this really is the only way.

TMD and Tuning developments do the actuators, or again try the for sale section on here.

(ive only noted traders that have come into my head, try all of them may get better price elsewhere, and the brands ive said, id stick with them for manifolds, and the feul regs, but its up to you what you go for and your budget.

theres a fair few £££ from what ive listed above really.

to save money on a mani, you could maybe port your stock one. there are some threads on here how to do it. but it will take time and a fair bit of effort.

hope this helps, matt

mines running 1 bar at 167bhp on these mods and it has been for a year now and had no probelms with the engine. and thats with the standard mani and the standard tmic

-blitz nur r spec exhaust system

-blitz dump valve

-japspeed decat

-blitz sus induction with reclocation kit

-hks fuel cut defender

-hks actuator

-silcone rad hoses

-A/C removed

-Cusco oil catch tank

-sliver fse competion rrfr

-walbro fuel pump

Thanks guys, I can start shopping around now :D It already has a Greddy boost gauge and also a turbo timer and blitz dump valve. Everything else hasnt been touched though. With all the above mods im assuming id need a remap aswell?

Check my build thread mate, click the green writing under my signature pic.

I was running 185hp with just bolt on mods and remapped with an Emanage Blue piggy back ECU.

DO NOT go near the FPR and FCD route your engine wont last long.

for that power.

on the cheap if you have the skillz

• ported stock manifold
  • ported ct9 waistgate
  • gutted cat
  • rising rate fuel pressure regulator
  • cooler
  • jam racing fcc (safer and better than the normal fcd)

if your doing it properly

• -emanage + associated harness, boost presure, fuel, ignition,
  • -racetech externaly gated mani
  • -td12 hybrid( will do 170bhp at stock boost and not 1bar)
  • -decat - any option
  • -front mount cooler - or water to air cooler for something different,

the problem with these cars is you can get hooked on boost and like most ul want more after a while.

if thats the case you should decide now as a vf/td series manifold/decat setup opens up a world of options turbo wise.

Nice build thread sparky. Thanks enzo, yes the boost is addictive and my mate has a nice Td04 turbo in his shed which i can have free of charge :D Id like to do all the usual stuff first though just i wasnt sure where to get everything and also best way to do it. Now that i do though im guna be skint!

Nice build thread sparky. Thanks enzo, yes the boost is addictive and my mate has a nice Td04 turbo in his shed which i can have free of charge :D Id like to do all the usual stuff first though just i wasnt sure where to get everything and also best way to do it. Now that i do though im guna be skint!

join the club lol but its worth the money if you love your car