External wastegate

Just finished fitting the racetech td04 kit.It is not boosting properly its like its hitting fuel cut but its not as its only like 0.3 - 0.4 bar am getting of boost.I think it might be down to the vaccum or the fittings on the wastegate or something.Heres some pics,not the best,but gives you an idea to see if i have done it right or not.Thanks

post-4334-1296932725_thumb.jpg

post-4334-1296932758_thumb.jpg

Have you a vacuum hose coming from the nipple on the turbo to the bottom port of the wastegate? Have you a boost controller installed to?

No,it was already off when i got it because it hit off the standard rad.So got told to run it off a vac from the inlet like i have.No boost controller yet,still got to be installed.So i left the top port on the wastegate open to vent to the atmosphere.Should i try a different vac on the inlet ? Cheers

The bottom port on the wategate should be plumbed into the nipple coming of the turbo and the top port left open if you dont have a boost controller this way you will only run the boost of the spring in the wastegate. What spring rate is in the wastegate?

The bottom port on the wategate should be plumbed into the nipple coming of the turbo and the top port left open if you dont have a boost controller this way you will only run the boost of the spring in the wastegate. What spring rate is in the wastegate?

The bottom port on the wastegate is plumbed into the inlet manifold because there is no nipple on the turbo.Think its 10psi,its under fuel cut anyway.I can't hear the screamer pipe either.

I have the race tech TD04 kit an never had a problem with anything hitting the standard rad. Never heard of anyone taking from the inlet to the wastegate just from the compresor housing of the turbo. i could be wrong and you can do it both ways. Only other things i can think of is a vacuum leak or the collar that goes between the wastegate and the mani

i have just fittted mine, you have it the wrong way round i believe you do not use the inlet mani to plug in the e/w

just block the inlet vacum of if you are not running a BOV

like said its the nipple on the turbo that needs to be plugged in to the e/w on the side...

IMG_0381.jpg

I have the race tech TD04 kit an never had a problem with anything hitting the standard rad. Never heard of anyone taking from the inlet to the wastegate just from the compresor housing of the turbo. i could be wrong and you can do it both ways. Only other things i can think of is a vacuum leak or the collar that goes between the wastegate and the mani

It didnt hit my rad anyway i have a civic rad.I asked ricky why it was missing and he said all his turbos was like this incase they did hit the standard rad.Checked and couldnt find any leak.Can the collar not only go 1 way.Or have i got the wastegate on the wrong way round,don't think i have but not sure why its doing this.

It didnt hit my rad anyway i have a civic rad.I asked ricky why it was missing and he said all his turbos was like this incase they did hit the standard rad.Checked and couldnt find any leak.Can the collar not only go 1 way.Or have i got the wastegate on the wrong way round,don't think i have but not sure why its doing this.

it wont boost read what i have SAID

So its wont boost because i dont have the nipple on the turbo? I have circled it.This nipple has been cut off and filled in with weld on my turbo.

hmmmmmmm you need the nipple on the turbo mate to run it in the e/w using the spring? i think your turbo may only use a EBC then i am not 100% sure buddy!

but yea thats what i have done so....

hmmmmmmm you need the nipple on the turbo mate to run it in the e/w using the spring? i think your turbo may only use a EBC then i am not 100% sure buddy!

but yea thats what i have done so....

I was going to just run it off the spring until i get round to fitting my greddy profec.

I have got a line running like that the now and its not boosting properly,its t-pieced into the same line as the boost gauge.The ring that goes inside the wastegate ?If so yeah a got that in.

i had this problem mate. There should only be 1 spring inside. I had two in my wastegate and the car was trying to boost to 1.3 bar. Took one out and took the car for a test drive and it boosted to the 0.9 bar i was told the wastgate would hold.

I just had the wastegate off there and i didnt have 1 of the air ports blocked off :D thats why the boost was all over the place.But its wanting to go past 1bar so am going to take a spring out.I have a big grey 1 and a smaller 1,cant mind what colour.What 1 should i take out ?

Just took the two springs out to see what colour they were.I would say the large one is grey and the small one gold ?But on the tial website it doesnt list these two colours,so am unsure of what boost pressure they represent.Heres a picture i took.

thats exactly the way mine was mate . Put the big spring in it should be 0.9 bar. Take it for a test drive to make sure. Have you a fcd and rrfpr set up or any sort of management because it will hit fuel cut if you dont

heres the spring chart

CLICK

Just been a drive in it and all is good :D .Boosts about 0.8-0.85.Fitting my boost controller next week,this will be set to off until i get it mapped next month at 1bar.Thanks for all the help lads.

post-4334-1297003236_thumb.jpg