hi guys got a few questions for you about a tial wastegate

so, i bought a tial wastegate the other day, turned up today and the top vacume hose connector is missing :)

searched round a few places yesterday and couldnt find any, then i read somewhere that if i'm not running an EBC then i wont need the top one and should just block it of, is this rite ???

if not where can i get a replacement connector ???

and i've read there needs to be a collar in between the wastegate and mani, i fitted the waste gate to my WEPR mani yesterday and the only was it would fit is without the collar, woukd this be ok to use ordoes it need a collar ?

Cheers

Yeah if you dont have a boost controller you just run your vacuum hose from the compresser housing on the turbo to the bottom port of the wastegate and leave the top port venting to the atmosphere.

heres a link to tial air fittings tho if you want them mate

CLICK

not sure about the collar tho i have a v band tial wastegate and on my mani were the wastegate sits there is a groove notched out for the collar to sit into so i needed it to fit mine

Yeah if you dont have a boost controller you just run your vacuum hose from the compresser housing on the turbo to the bottom port of the wastegate and leave the top port venting to the atmosphere.

heres a link to tial air fittings tho if you want them mate

CLICK

not sure about the collar tho i have a v band tial wastegate and on my mani were the wastegate sits there is a groove notched out for the collar to sit into so i needed it to fit mine

cheers dude, i'm goin to be using the vacume from the comp housing for the time beng but i'll be geting a ebc soon so i'll get some of the air fittigs then

its a tial 38mm wih the flange type fitting and a gasket so i'm gusing i dont need to use the collar bit

by collar bit do you mean the valve seat that sits in the bottom of the wastegate where the flange is? without that boost will just pass straight through the wastegate and out the screamer.

No you don't need a collar, they are only for the v-band types.

You simply put a bolt through the four holes (2 on either flange) of the wastgate to sandwich two gaskets (1 for either flange) to the flanges on the mani and on the decat.

:)

by collar bit do you mean the valve seat that sits in the bottom of the wastegate where the flange is? without that boost will just pass straight through the wastegate and out the screamer.

Yeah mate he means the valve seat

it sits in the flange under the valve yea, when i put it on the mani yesterday it seemed like the mani and wastegate wouldnt line up, maybe i put it in the wrong way :)