Time for a rebuild...

hi guys, decided to do a rebuild as i cant get hold of a running / genuine 4efte....

with the bottom end knocking what would i need?

russleh posted this on one of the other topics i posted up....

possible crank = £

decent condition rods = £

piston rings = £

thrust washers =£

main bearings = £

rod bearings = £

headbolts = £

headgasket = £10 (bought one from socks along time ago (dont ask why though))

skim head = £

Full gasket set = £

oil pump - £

is there anything else i need?

remember im running on limited funds at the minute....

or if anyones got any of these let me know what you got and how much you want..... need these asap as im hoping to get car up and running by weekend.

( will update with what size shell i need after stripping engine and finding number on conrod ) << by the way anyone got a pic of where we should be looking for it?

thanks

ishaq

i tried to post here a second ago but my net is gay lol.

all i was gonna say is if u go for a regrind then the shells will need to be supplied with the crank from whoever regrinds it. but if uv got a crank sorted then no matter .

traders on here are good for parts but also try camskill as somethings are cheaper on there.

Before ordering bearings get the crank inspected by an engineering firm. Even if you're using the FE one that is fine, get it polished from an engineers and ask them to check it out. 99.9% chance it will be fine as it came out of your perfect running 4EFE but it's always better to be safe imo. Once the condition of the crank is confirmed then order the Standard size bearings. If you're going to reuse the 4EFTE crank, get it reground then order the shells you need, ie. they may grind down to .25 so you need .25 oversize bearings. Your bearings including thrust washers should cost around £100, I paid £102 from Dave (TM-Developments iirc).

I'd recommend new piston rings while it's open, and a new engine gasket set. Rings are £90 and the gasket set £125 (Camskill). As for the rods, why do you need new ones? I'd say stick with the others unless they are buggered?

My best advice: DO NOT RUSH THIS!

Don't aim to have it done by the end of the weekend, it's not going to happen so you'll be pissed off. If it does happen, it'll be rushed and you don't things like this. Strip the whole engine and clean everything up nicely over the weekend. Piston rings, rods, valves, cams, the whole lot. Use parafin and a several toothbrushes (10 for £1 @ Poundland) and get everything looking nice before it goes back together. Replace the valve stem seals too as they are included in the engine gasket set.