Where do i stand?

Ive bought an s14 which has several things wrong with it and were not described in the advertisement nor was i told by the owner.

Im pissed off.

I either want money back to cover the problems or take the car back off me with a full refund.

This was a private transaction.

What are my powers?

Whats wrong?

The dash electronic controls such as rear window de-mister, heater controls are faulty.

The exhaust bracket was snapped.

The tracking is completely out-i asked whether it was ok,he said yes- going to cost between £120-200 to get set up properly.

Thanks guys

Mitch

to be honest i dont think you have a leg to stand on, pretty much all second hand car sales are sold as seen, i had a deal like this a year back. fortunatly for me the problem with my car would have preventing it from having a fresh MOT ticket that it had, threated garage with legal action and they traveld 3 hours and gave me full refund for the car!

as above mate unfortunately not allot you can do. Surly these would have been fairly basic checks as you went round that car? or was this like over ebay?

i allays test in car electrics, did you not look under the car? and surly you would have noticed tracking when out on a test drive?

didnt test drive mate. no insurance, meh.

Fuck it. il just fix it. I think im having a man period, i just dont like it when people are honest.

Thread closed.

Mitch

;) you would prefer them to not be honest :rolleyes:

Only joking dude ;)

It is a case of sold as seen which does suck...

Best thing is give him a call an see what he say's, explain the prob's an that you were now advised about prob's you found..

Dash lights should be easy fix an exhaust bracket, say about wheel enlinement an cost an ask if he is willing to help you with it, no harm in asking an he might be decent to help, if not then a barrage of abuse in his face...:rolleyes: