Rear Brakes are soooooo bad..

hi people.. my rear brakes on my v are ridiculous.. i had a seized caliper on the rear left and i replaced it with a refurbed one and fitted new pads to both sides, bled the brakes and tightened the handbrake cable.. it was ok after that but still not 100% but i thought it was just the new pads because they werent wore in yet.. now the handbrake is slowly but surely loosening up again and the rear brakes are getting worse and worse.. it barely holds the weight of the car and im not completely sure what the next step is.. new discs/braided lines? i duno lol.. thanks for looking people..

Richie_GlanzaV

hi people.. my rear brakes on my v are ridiculous.. i had a seized caliper on the rear left and i replaced it with a refurbed one and fitted new pads to both sides, bled the brakes and tightened the handbrake cable.. it was ok after that but still not 100% but i thought it was just the new pads because they werent wore in yet.. now the handbrake is slowly but surely loosening up again and the rear brakes are getting worse and worse.. it barely holds the weight of the car and im not completely sure what the next step is.. new discs/braided lines? i duno lol.. thanks for looking people..

Richie_GlanzaV

Theres a 10mm nut on the right of the handbrake inside the car that needs to be adjusted i think

Toyota handbrake cables are a nightmare, if they are not mint then new ones make soooo much difference!

thanks.. yeh there pretty bad to be honest.. mine was good when i got the car but sinced the seized caliper its just went downhill and cant get it the same any more.. the cables expensive.? thanks Richie_GlanzaV

thanks.. yeh there pretty bad to be honest.. mine was good when i got the car but sinced the seized caliper its just went downhill and cant get it the same any more.. the cables expensive.? thanks Richie_GlanzaV

i would bleed the brakes from back to front again aswell just in case

nah there about 20 on camskill and prob a few quid for postage

i would bleed the brakes from back to front again aswell just in case

nah there about 20 on camskill and prob a few quid for postage

yeh mate thanks alot.. yeh guna re-bleed them and fidlle about see how it goes but 20greyhound aint much so may as well replace it anyway, new cable it is then.. mot is next month so better pull the finger out.. thanks alot guys.. much appreciated, richie

yeh mate thanks alot.. yeh guna re-bleed them and fidlle about see how it goes but 20greyhound aint much so may as well replace it anyway, new cable it is then.. mot is next month so better pull the finger out.. thanks alot guys.. much appreciated, richie

no probs mate