advice please tunning to 170-190bhp

hello just bought a starlet gt turbo it has straight through exhaust system including de cat and exhaust manifold plus front mount intercooler plus cone filter also a boost controller.I would like to get around 170-190bhp wat would u guys recommend me to do ?

i understand when u start fitting exhaust and front mount intercoolers it alters the afr which is the best device to change this i was looking at a hks afr which is around £100 i dont really want 2 be spending £300 plus on emanage for the time may in the future. i understand aswell with the boost controller i can change my boost i read on here i think that the standard ct9 turbo can take 1 bar boost all day long, then oviously i guess i need to up the fuel pressure so would have to get a fuel pressure regulator and 255 fuel pump. ive bought a hks fcd aswell ive read alsorts or things about the fcd so not that sure on it im guessing from wat ive read if u put a fcd on you must check the afr or u will f**k your engine.

as much help would be greatfull

cheers mark-tozer

Here is my spec list and im running an estimated 185-190bhp, however mine is done all the proper way with no money spared..

Greddy E-Manage Ultimate ECU all mapped properly by reputable tuner

Standard CT9 turbo mapped to run at 1 BAR pressure

HKS adjustable Actuator set at 1 bar

Autobahn88 Decat pipe

JPerformance Stainless steel unrestricted manifold

JPerformace 2.5" Stainless steel catback exhaust (not very loud, nice and subtle!)

Jperformance Huge Front mount intercooler

TOY tuning air filter relocation kit (moves intake to front bumper)

MAgnercor 7.5 Red competition leads!

Higher heat range spark plugs

Cusco oil catch can (not fitted yet)

SPEC 6 paddle Track and street clucth (brand new)

However you can also reach it using a fuel pressure reg, upgraded actuator (hks), fuel pump, you may also need a better intercool but dont hold me to that :thumbsup:

Dan.

Here is my spec list and im running an estimated 185-190bhp, however mine is done all the proper way with no money spared..

Greddy E-Manage Ultimate ECU all mapped properly by reputable tuner

Standard CT9 turbo mapped to run at 1 BAR pressure

HKS adjustable Actuator set at 1 bar

Autobahn88 Decat pipe

JPerformance Stainless steel unrestricted manifold

JPerformace 2.5" Stainless steel catback exhaust (not very loud, nice and subtle!)

Jperformance Huge Front mount intercooler

TOY tuning air filter relocation kit (moves intake to front bumper)

MAgnercor 7.5 Red competition leads!

Higher heat range spark plugs

Cusco oil catch can (not fitted yet)

SPEC 6 paddle Track and street clucth (brand new)

However you can also reach it using a fuel pressure reg, upgraded actuator (hks), fuel pump, you may also need a better intercool but dont hold me to that :thumbsup:

ok thanks thats very helpfull i presume when you have a emanage you oviously get it mapped

so you dont need fuel pressure regulator , air and fuel adjuster and fcd

ok thanks thats very helpfull i presume when you have a emanage you oviously get it mapped

so you dont need fuel pressure regulator , air and fuel adjuster and fcd

Yes that is correct however you could always opt for an aftermarket ECU in the likes of Blitz, JAM, Zep and others, thes ECUS apparently are self learning up to 200bhp and are easy good enough for the setup your after and can usually be baught for the £500 mark!

Dan.

You will need engine management for those figures, either e mange or plug an play ecu all depends on which one you want and how far you hope to go

so its not possible with fcd some sort of fuel and air ratio adjuster fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump

Yes that is correct however you could always opt for an aftermarket ECU in the likes of Blitz, JAM, Zep and others, thes ECUS apparently are self learning up to 200bhp and are easy good enough for the setup your after and can usually be baught for the £500 mark!

ok thanks may think of buying an ecu then

Dan.

Saw 2 x cars make 200bhp at lasts years rr day on plug an play :thumbsup:, rather than spend money on the parts an time spent getting it set up invest in plug an play :D but if you are then wanting to hunt more power then e manage

John

Saw 2 x cars make 200bhp at lasts years rr day on plug an play :thumbsup:, rather than spend money on the parts an time spent getting it set up invest in plug an play :D but if you are then wanting to hunt more power then e manage

John

Wish i had of gotten an access or something instaed of the emanage ultimate :D I dont need more than 200 bhp just yet!

Think anyone would wanna swap and emanage for an access?

:D

Dan.

Wish i had of gotten an access or something instaed of the emanage ultimate :D I dont need more than 200 bhp just yet!

Think anyone would wanna swap and emanage for an access?

:D

Dan.

^^^ Exactly why i went Access :D happy with my motor an the Blitz ecu :thumbsup:

when u say plug and play is this a piggyback ecu u plug in to standard wats the best make etc..

when u say plug and play is this a piggyback ecu u plug in to standard wats the best make etc..

Yes they are a straight replacement for your ecu that has been piggy backed, any of the Blitz,Jam,Mines units

They remove fuel cut, raise rev limit etc do a search loads of info on here

John