ok guys, ive been wanting to do a gutted cat for ages now, but i didnt want to do it unless i had a spare cat just in case i ever needed to put it back on (i remember glanzajim having huge troubles trying to get his thru mot and ended up putting one back on) so ive recieved my cat downpipe this morning, but im undecided on what to do now.

initially i was going to gut the cat downpipe i got thru the post, but now i keep thinking im gonna do it and then find taking the old one off the car a total pain in the arse especially with sensors and what not, so should i gut the one thats on the car instead?

what would be easiest?

also what are the two sensors in the downpipe? im assuming one is the lamda, but whats the other one? and which one is which?

cheers

Rich.

its alot easier to gut the cat off the car. but its getting it off the car.

its all fairly simple untill you come to remove the 3 bolts at the top of the cat. you will need a knuckle joint to do so.

also when removing the heat shield around the cat my bolts were very rusted and it needs to be a perfect fitting socket to remove and some are awkward as hell. make sure its a good 10mm socket.

the problem i had/gave up on was there are two more bolts at the bottom of the upper section of the cat. there is a pipe in the way, a smaller knuckle joint than what i had would do the job im sure though.

i smashed the inside of the cat out while it was still on my car, could'nt b arsed anymore and i think its ALOT! easier to do that. get dust mask and goggles though because it stinks and prob not good for you.

yea i see your problem, only thing you can do really is just see if you can get it off. if you can then its gonna be easy to gut it.

If not then gut it while its on the car.

good luck with it mate. if you have any problems just ask, or find it easy let me know lol.