4EFE cam cover on 4EFTE ?

u can do it, wouldnt recommend it though

although there are a few guys in aus using them, but they have cut a bigger one on the other side and used a big speedflow fitting.....

i will be doing the same, but using 2 big speedflow fittings seeing as though my motor breathes a fair bit

The 4EFE cover has the same pcv valve and position as the 4EFTE cover.

It just has the breather pipe in a different position and is smaller in diameter.

If you must use one it gives you an excuse to use a catch tank to accomodate the smaller breather.

It won't be detrimental to your engine if done right.

4EFE cover on my setup with catch tank. Breather hose on inlet manifold is blocked off.

Hose on top of the catch tank is to atmosphere (open)

The tank is getting filled so it's doing its job.

jozfmic078.jpg

Joz

Ahh very nice setup mate...

I bought a engine here in dk but for some reason the cam cover was from n/a ?!?!... But no need to rush out and buy the EFTE then :)

I will use this on my EP91 then :)

Thanks alot.

Ahh very nice setup mate...

I bought a engine here in dk but for some reason the cam cover was from n/a ?!?!... But no need to rush out and buy the EFTE then :)

I will use this on my EP91 then :)

Thanks alot.

Your welcome mate :(

Let us know how you progress.

Joz

Joz, i like your Catch Can setup dude, where does the pipe ontop go to as ive read tht there needs to be a vacuum on the catch can, so if that pipe on the top has some kind of vacuum the catch can will be working 100% :)

Joz, i like your Catch Can setup dude, where does the pipe ontop go to as ive read tht there needs to be a vacuum on the catch can, so if that pipe on the top has some kind of vacuum the catch can will be working 100% :)

I had it setup this way by Jay and my engine builder Secret Steve :)

The top pipe is venting to atmosphere (through a hole in the chassis) as the catch tank system should not be completely sealed (closed off) or it may cause excess crankcase pressure.

Normally the pipe coming from the inlet mani is attached to the pcv valve but as I have the catch tank, it is now blanked off.

The vacuum is usually drawn from the inlet mani by the pcv valve which decreases under load (blowby occurs).

So the other two pipes from the pcv valve and the rocker cover breather itself connect to the catch tank instead.

Its just designed to catch excess oil vapours from the breathing system which are usually recirculated into your air intake, vent to atmosphere instead. Far better than just plonking a small breather filter onto the rocker breather.

There are a few ways to have this setup and this way is working for me.

Joz