ECU decision time

Ok so read though the old posts and i seem to have the jist of the whole ECU minefield, but still need a bit of help from people with experience on picking the correct one.

I am looking for around 200-230 ish bhp not going for huge power as im more concerned with reliability being a track car, will be boosting about 1bar, i will have a permenant Td04 setup, which i dont plan on changing.

From what i gather E-Manage blue and ultimate seem to be more geared towards people who want the ultimate performance tune for maximum power, so i dont think this applies to me, and the £800 price tag for the kit/tune etc has put me off.

So then its on to ECU's with pre flashed maps (am i right in that these are the ones just adjust the map slightly to your cars setup, self learning) and are literally a plug and go option.

I think the latter for me is what im after, purely for ease of install and cost, (am i right in saying £4-£500 is about right?) So lastly which one should i get then, seen a load of different ones but no clue about any of them :)

I dont mind waiting around for the correct one to come along, just want one that will be best :)

Over to you

I chose Plug and Play for simplicity too, they're great value for money. As regards to which brand, they al generally have the same parameters and ability to fuel for 1.2/1.3bar :)

you can get a blue for 300 brand new. fitted an mapped for 200. so 500 spondulies and its mapped to your exact specification so wouldn't let the price of emb put you off. people with blue ultimate will say blue ultimate. people on plug and plays will say plug and plays. personally i'd look at dyno prints of td04 at roughly 1 bar on either ecu etc.i'm sure i am legend will rr his. theres enough td04 on blue on tgtt

Seen the Toms ECU in the for sale section, but i cant find anything about it on Google, who the hell is TOM lol, he got a website, wanted to look up specs etc

you can get a blue for 300 brand new. fitted an mapped for 200. so 500 spondulies and its mapped to your exact specification so wouldn't let the price of emb put you off. people with blue ultimate will say blue ultimate. people on plug and plays will say plug and plays. personally i'd look at dyno prints of td04 at roughly 1 bar on either ecu etc.i'm sure i am legend will rr his. theres enough td04 on blue on tgtt

i have an emanage blue, cost me 240 quid with everything needed to fit it. i havent got it on yet as lost job and havent got enough to get it mapped yet,

but like you i need reliability but want to run about 210-200hp. i am on td04 as well.

surely if your tracking it you will want the best map for it, instead of an easy plug and play? i dont know how good they are but surely they cant be as good as physicaslly having the ecu mapped to you exact set up and car and how/where you drive it?

Yes that is a good point, i am in South Wales so not so sure who is the closest to get a good map though. Is it a difficult job to wire in an E-Manage blue?

and can comeone explain what they mean by all these accessories you can buy with them, harness, 3 bar map sensor and what ever else you need?

i have an emanage blue, cost me 240 quid with everything needed to fit it. i havent got it on yet as lost job and havent got enough to get it mapped yet,

but like you i need reliability but want to run about 210-200hp. i am on td04 as well.

surely if your tracking it you will want the best map for it, instead of an easy plug and play? i dont know how good they are but surely they cant be as good as physicaslly having the ecu mapped to you exact set up and car and how/where you drive it?

Piece of piss to wire in a Blue, with a field harness. It about 8 wires IIRC.

I am travelling to Sheffield for my mapping but Got Boost in Llandow are meant to be good :)

by the way you coming to see how this inlet manifold pipes up or do you want pics?

As long as my clutch comes friday i am going to be trying to get the engine back in on the weekend, if i get stuck with any pipes i'll post some pics up of the bad boy below :)

Photo-0110.jpg

Piece of piss to wire in a Blue, with a field harness. It about 8 wires IIRC.

I am travelling to Sheffield for my mapping but Got Boost in Llandow are meant to be good :)

by the way you coming to see how this inlet manifold pipes up or do you want pics?

I'll see if i can send those wing mirrors to you some time in the week the same colour, should look sick, err literally lol

im going to run emanagment blue on a hybrid setup soon

cheap setup and does everything i need with good proven results for the hybrid

and rocker cover looks mean mate!!

yeah will give you a discount for that

i found out what caused it

the black paint on there is really weak and more designed for touch up which i wasnt told, so the thinners in the laquer caused the run

so pissed about it :)

Its an easy fix so not worried, the rest of the paint job is spot on!

yeah will give you a discount for that

i found out what caused it

the black paint on there is really weak and more designed for touch up which i wasnt told, so the thinners in the laquer caused the run

so pissed about it :)

• 2 months later...

yoo dude jdm modified will do a aem standalone supplied fitted and road map for £800 plus vat which is sweet deal for a standalone pm me if you want anymore details :thumbsup: