has anyone changed clutch with out allignment tool ???

what i normally do is get a extension for a ratchet and the correct socket to fit then use elecy tape if its still a bit loose

home made tools ftw , by the way ive done my polo and my mates scooby twice with his method

No problem mate if you get stook on something im sure we will be able to help :thumbsup: im sure theres a guide on how to change a cluch on here somewhere?

thanks mickey your a legend i will try find the guide now

also is it just a standard gearbox oil or do you recommend a better one i was just gonna grab some from toyota with the oil seal for where the driveshaft goes in the box

thanks mickey your a legend i will try find the guide now

also is it just a standard gearbox oil or do you recommend a better one i was just gonna grab some from toyota with the oil seal for where the driveshaft goes in the box

Hmm not to sure on oil to be honest its a non LSD box so i can see it needing anything special..

• 2 weeks later...
Have you started doing the cluch yet?

sorry for late reply mate yeah all done but now get bit of cluth judder when pullin away but only if you aint revving much and i get it when i change down from third to second but only if i let clutch off slowly is this normal ???????

mines the same , if i change second to third nicely it judders if i thrash it at high rpm it goes in smooth lol

i get judder when pulling off too unless i floor it tbh i think its just them type clutches

thats a relief mate thanks first time i have changed a clutch so preety happy now :)