Hi guy's,

Im a bit stuck as to what path to go down in getting a uprated exhaust.

so far ive been looking at getting a 5e OBX mani and cat pipe, then getting 2" custom system from that.

But i read somewere that there isnt much if any gain from the obx mani.

does anyone know what o/d the 4-2-1 mani from the gen 1 corrolla is? and if it can provide a better gain than the obx?

my exhaust is pretty much falling apart so i need a new system anyway so the fact that the obx wont fit the rest of the system isnt a problem.

thanks in advance

the 5e exhaust will be the better of the two, but the problem comes with which intake mani and throttle body u running, the exhaust will aid cylinder scavaging which has benafits for both mid-topend hp and torque but mainly torque.

as i have found with the corrola 1st gen, this motor has the turbo inlet manifold, but a very small throttle plate this TB helps restrics the motor to 88hp, now the 100ps JDM 1stgen engine has this manifold but a much bigger throttle plate taking this motor to this power, wer as the roller mani has a larger throttle body so the restriction is in the manifold smaller plenum chamber feeding the longer runners, not good as u are trying to push hp but the manifold is hitting peak flow, so no matter how u aid cylinder scavaging no more air will be aloud thw. this is why people on the dyno are seeing small if any gains. start with derestricting the inlet and thn move onto the exhaust.

hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

well i hada corrola inlet and apexi filter, and then put pacesetter 4-1 exhaust on with a full 2" system which was custom made by me, and the apexi backbox was blowing quite a lot, and despite this and being rediculously loud it made it remarkedly quicker and because of this extra power made my clutch start to slip. was very quick little car with this, especially top end.

was best thing i did on my starlet when it was n/a. if i was to do it again id get a propert 2" mid section custom made properly (because mine knocked and leaked) and have asilencer put it in and youd be laughing!

also that will be for sale soon :(

well i hada corrola inlet and apexi filter, and then put pacesetter 4-1 exhaust on with a full 2" system which was custom made by me, and the apexi backbox was blowing quite a lot, and despite this and being rediculously loud it made it remarkedly quicker and because of this extra power made my clutch start to slip. was very quick little car with this, especially top end.

was best thing i did on my starlet when it was n/a. if i was to do it again id get a propert 2" mid section custom made properly (because mine knocked and leaked) and have asilencer put it in and youd be laughing!

also that will be for sale soon :(

sorry to hijack the thread but if possible snails could you send me a pm with your best price for this when it goes up for sale? cheers