tried to adjust my rear suspension, after the front was dead easy.

just wanted to go a fair bit lower.

went fine on one side, other was a right bastard

could spin the locking cup down, but couldnt get the actually spring below one down

so dropped the shock out, took it apart. so there was no tension on it.spun the bottom cup. then using c-spanners, swan necks, and a screwdriver and hammer still couldnt spin the cup down. tried degreaser, grease, heat everything.

so ended up having the put the other side back up. what a stupid waste of day. really really wound up haha.

but on the plus side, i cleaned the insides of the 37s, so they are nice and shiney on the inside.

also go one of my evo 7 recaros in, my drivers side.

but the standard passenger frame seems to flimsy to weld on, so ordered some universal rails, and will just weld the feet to the new rails

bastard car.

something is surely due to go wrong engine wise now haha

Power!! That's what you need. My rear ones were fucking stiff. Soaked it with WD-40, cleaned the muck with a tooth brush. Had to spin it opposite way, then it span the way i wanted it so it can go lower.

Did you try spinning it the opposite way?

All it is, is shit stuck in the threads. You need to clean it as much as you can, let the WD-40 do its job where you can't reach. then try again.

Power!! That's what you need. My rear ones were fucking stiff. Soaked it with WD-40, cleaned the muck with a tooth brush. Had to spin it opposite way, then it span the way i wanted it so it can go lower.

Did you try spinning it the opposite way?

All it is, is shit stuck in the threads. You need to clean it as much as you can, let the WD-40 do its job where you can't reach. then try again.

yeah, tried up and down. smacking it with a screw driver and a hammer.

remebering the 3 rules of engineering:

always use the right tool for the job

the right tool is a hammer

anything can be used as a hammer :o

I had the same problem with my first set of coilovers!

Managed to lower the one side fine, come to the other completely jammed so had to raise the other side, theres always one poxy nut or bolt or something that fucks you up eh :o

lol!! Try and get some levarage, i know there isn't alot of room, but see if you can slide a pole onto the end of the C spanner to make it longer. The C cpanner does bloody hurt your hands :)

Its only seized due to dirt build up in the theads imo, i doubt its rusty unless they been on your car for a long time.

lol!! Try and get some levarage, i know there isn't alot of room, but see if you can slide a pole onto the end of the C spanner to make it longer. The C cpanner does bloody hurt your hands :)

Its only seized due to dirt build up in the theads imo, i doubt its rusty unless they been on your car for a long time.

no they arent rusty, it is just dirt in the threads i think.

ill try again one day, but it had just pissed me off too much for the day hha

had exactly the same problem with mine mate! fronts went down fairly easily but rears would not budge! tryed everything so if you eventually do yours let me know what you used haha..