Engine help! What goes where??

The forged 5e is in now and its been nearly a year since i took the engine out so as it would happen im not sure on a few things. Ive fitted like 90% of things just by how the wires lay and it seem right so far.

Firstly is the coolant pipes. I know there are 4 nipples and the 1st one is vacuum, middle to are coolant and the furthest is vacuum. Now the two vacuum pipes, is one in and one out or does in not matter which one goes where?

cad0d170.jpg

Theres a pipe that comes off what i think is midway of the water pump pipe, where does that go?

607d23e6.jpg

This plug, i cant seem to find out where it goes? It comes from the loom where the injectors and from where the ICV plug come from

628b0def.jpg

Am i right in saying this plugs into the sensor that is by the scuttle panel, that i chucked away because it was part of the aircon sh*t?

0e939486.jpg

And there are suppose to be two plug here right? One is the lambda and the other is the cat temp sensor?

18197ff9.jpg

I think thats it!

Cheers

if its anything like the 4e the brass coloured nipples are for vacuum, and the silver ones for water. pass on the plugs lol. maybe knock sensor?? on the back of the engine near alternator

Okay concerning the water/coolant pipes. Can they go anyway round?

that plug looks like its for the map sensor? should b on the left of the bulk head.

Yeah there should b 2 plugs there

I didnt unplug the map sensor to pull the engine out, just undid the vaccum pipe.

One plug (2nd pic) goes to as sensor that i chucked away located by the drivers strut, by the brake reservoir thing. Part of the aircon junk (i hope!)

as im aware yea!! jus dont get the water/vacuum the wrong way round!! ul empty your water into the engine in no time

Cheers! Im aware of the vacuum and coolant problem, was just wondering about the coolant pipes because i was under the impression that one was in and the other was out.

But the thing is i have already plugged a plug into a sensor that is below the inlet manifold between the starter and alternator which is very hard to get AND is directly behind the bar which bolts the inlet to the block.

Isnt that the knock sensor?

Just the one and if you look harder ive accidently pulled the plug head off and the bare wire is next to it :)

I cracked open the plug and refitted the wire but dont know where it goes.

It bridges off from the wires by the fuel rail though.

Re coolant and vac lines on the inlet Mani get rid of em (block the ones on the bottom of the tb) and the coolant one from the thermo housing run that straight to the pipe coming out the back of the water pump..there's a small nipple on there

Ok here we go.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showth...ght=inlet+pipes

there this explains all the pipe and tht plug looks like the knock sensor just under the inlet to me u got the map sensor and tht pluged up ??

All those in that picture are not connected as they are going to be blocked up (bar the map sensor) and yes i have the map sensor connect as i only took the vac line out.

Re coolant and vac lines on the inlet Mani get rid of em (block the ones on the bottom of the tb) and the coolant one from the thermo housing run that straight to the pipe coming out the back of the water pump..there's a small nipple on there

I havent connected the vac line full yet as i plan to block them any BUT you saying i can block up the too coolant ones two???

AND that small nipple on the back of the water pump pipe, i have the pipe but i dont know where it goes??

im pretty sure that is the knock sensor wire, where is the plug from that you say is on the sensor?

The plug in put it fits snug in the sensor so how can two plugs fit?

I will take a pic of that wire and sensor.

Its doing my head in!

Cheers guys.

block the pipes on the bottom of the tb..and the coolant one that would go from the thermo housing to the tb run that straight to the back of the water pump where that nipple Is

Update:

Ran home to check a few things and made a discovery.

Its seems after all that is the knock sensor that i have broken which means i need another one.

8165070c.jpg

Ive tried to fit the wrong plug into the sensor but couldnt tell it fits due to not being able to see there. Wonder where that goes then.

4d6e096f.jpg

The plug in pic 3 goes into a sensor i binned due to being part of the air con thing and was located here:

4b57b45c.jpg

The two pipes i have in mine hand in PIC 1 are the wrong ones because they lead to here which seems like the s/rack to me! So it seems the pipe in pic 2 (which comes off the water pump nipple) actually connects up to one of the nipples in PIC1 (which seem the one on the left, the silver one).

Those two pipes im holding go on the other nipples on the TB which is the brass looking nipple in PIC1 and one round the back of the lnlet

99307e83.jpg