Evening all, well heres what i am thinking and would like some advice as to what is needed to complete a sleeper.

Thing is i have a tidy sr which needs a few bits doing but its so tidy i keep thinking maybe i should sell and get glanza instead of ruining what seems a decent sr which is original. If i were to turbo it i would leave as much on the outside standard as possible, but i just wonder would it just be easier to put some money aside and get a glanza.

My sr is a 98 so to complete the conversion i would need engine, looms, stalks, fuel pump????? Is it better to get the looms from a certain year??? or matching to the year of my starlet? Its all new to me with what is needed but from reading different threads i am getting there on what is needed.

Cheers

Carl

Best to get a donor car so then you just strip all the bits that you need stright off. There is one on ebay at the mo.

Im almost ready for my build but i am having problems with my insurance at the mo.

I guess the big question is can you do the work yourself or will you have to pay someone to do it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Starlet-Glanz...o-/300545470630

I'm more or less in the same boat, really want to turbo my SR but then again I want a GT.. I think ill end up with a GT due to insuring the SR with a turbo strapped to it will be hard :)

I would do the work myself, got alot of mates who have done engine conversions before so sure some help would only be a phone call away.

How much is insurance costing with the turbo added?because if its mega then i guess glanza would be easier?

No one can tell you that, ring up your insurance :)

SLEEEPER 10000000000000%

was going to do to the salmon but had problems so its getting stripped then scrapped.

when get new one its going to a turbo sportif :)

would like a glanza/gt but quite few people have.

how many have a sleeper? and think ahh look that shit then b000m see you :(

exciting shit man lol

Im with kwik fit insurance. I pay 800 quick on my SR with 2 years no claims. If i stuck a glanza lump in they said it would go up by £800, for that price i can get insured on a glanza. so it dont really make a difference. They also said that i would have to notify the dvla to get my log book changed