Hotmail account blocked :(

Hello all

Was logging onto my hotmail account this morning that i've been using for the past 12 years plus and is the main hotmail account i use.

However i got a message stating that my account has been blocked and then a screen comes up asking me to input my mobile number so a verification code can be sent to my mobile that i need to input into on a hotmail page.

I've been reading up on this and other users have been done this however they never received a verification code and also got charged for it too so something dodgy going on.

There is another option in case you don't have a mobile but that is een more riskier as its asking for personal details like address etc.

Has this happened to anyone else as i really need to log onto the hotmail account in order to read a couple of emails i was expecting. Alternatively what else can i do?

Thanks

It mentions my account may have been blocked if i have been sending alot of spam out and recently my acocunt was used for this so may be this ?

Verification code isnt coming through either :lol:

That verification code probs won't come through as another user has been waiting for 1 week now and not got anything and he got charged for it.

That verification code probs won't come through as another user has been waiting for 1 week now and not got anything and he got charged for it.

Ive followed the links through to an alternative email and there verifying my account now. Was a secure site, https and not http so going to give them the 24 hours theyve quoted and see what they say

Ive followed the links through to an alternative email and there verifying my account now. Was a secure site, https and not http so going to give them the 24 hours theyve quoted and see what they say

Is that where you provide an alternative address in cases where you can't provide a mobile number and then they contact you via email. I was going to do but don't want my only other hotmail account getting blocked.

Yea, happened to 1 of mine twice. Its the 1 i use on dodgy websites. What have you been using it on?

Nothing dodgy at all, i've never input my email into one of those spam type websites or given it out to anyone i don't know.

Got mine back, they asked for some details such as previous passwords and subjects of recent emails, then got back in touch saying i can reset password as they can see its my account.

Reset my password and back on now ;)

Hope this helps dude :lol:

Got mine back, they asked for some details such as previous passwords and subjects of recent emails, then got back in touch saying i can reset password as they can see its my account.

Reset my password and back on now :lol:

Hope this helps dude ;)

hi mate

but what link do i need to go in order to provide such details and how did they get in touch with you, was it via email or phone?

thanks

hi mate

but what link do i need to go in order to provide such details and how did they get in touch with you, was it via email or phone?

thanks

When it was asking for mobile number to send verification code to it gives you another option, cant remember what it said exactly but there was defo the option there. Was all done by email

Cheers

When it was asking for mobile number to send verification code to it gives you another option, cant remember what it said exactly but there was defo the option there. Was all done by email

Cheers

hi mate

i've done the other option and enterd the information it has requested such as previous passwords, who i receive emails from, who i send them to etc

However it isn't an absolute nightmare as they feel like i haven't provided enough information and it has been rejected, is there a number i ring them on as i really need to access my account

thanks