Ok, so i have a freshly rebuilt engine in the GT now and all hooked up, i am in the process of wiring up the oil pressure gauge on the dash and a few odd things.

Hopefully by the weekend i can get the engine started BUT wanted to know if there are any procedure that need to on a new engine rather than getting the fluids in and just starting?

What about engine priming? Efi fuse out, king lead out and crank it to get the oil going round. Is that right? How long for?

I need to bleed the clutch (as i changed the braided line) so how so i go about that? I know its the nipple on the clutch slave cylinder but do i pump the clutch pedal just like you do with the brakes?

Any thing else i need to do?

Cheers

thats right fella, use cheap engine oil to run in as the addatives in dear stuff can lead to glazzing of the bore before your rings seat in. crank for about 10 turns of the engine. then make sure u have oil presure, it will be high at first thn start 2 drop straight away and settle around the 3 bar mark min is 2.5 bar. plus get thm eyes and ears open for leaks and noises.

good way to check if oil is circulating is to keep the oil return to the sump off so that you can see when it goes through :lol:

just crank the car over for 10 seconds - 5 or 6 times with a few seconds interval in between without the king lead in - that should do the trick