i hope this has'nt been asked to much before, did a search and did'nt help though.

want to get more power from my Glanza V 1996.

so far the boost restriction on first and second has been removed, 110 mph limiter removed and gutted cat, straight through centre section with back box, so no mods in reality.

price rang is about £500 for now. What would you guys recommend to increase its power??

also im not so interested in top end more acceleration.

Thanks Neil

Suspension first, maybe some anti-lift plates, but what made the most difference for me for pretty much that budget was a Blitz Access ECU, then whacked boost upto around 0.95-1bar.

almost uncontrollable in 1st and 2nd, pulled like a madman, didnt increase top end too much (but there was a difference) due to me not actually using the other supporting mods with it (the new owner has more mods to suit the ECU's tuning and apparently it pulls like a nutter now up top, instead or running out of puff at 90 it keeps pulling to 130+, even with the stock ct9).

but yeah, that made a huge difference on acceleration, but it would've made FAR more difference if i had an lsd :) makes such a difference, you can literally launch them without spinning, if you dont already have one that is.

Suspension first, maybe some anti-lift plates, but what made the most difference for me for pretty much that budget was a Blitz Access ECU, then whacked boost upto around 0.95-1bar.

almost uncontrollable in 1st and 2nd, pulled like a madman, didnt increase top end too much (but there was a difference) due to me not actually using the other supporting mods with it (the new owner has more mods to suit the ECU's tuning and apparently it pulls like a nutter now up top, instead or running out of puff at 90 it keeps pulling to 130+, even with the stock ct9).

but yeah, that made a huge difference on acceleration, but it would've made FAR more difference if i had an lsd :) makes such a difference, you can literally launch them without spinning, if you dont already have one that is.

oh yea sorry i forgot to mention it has a full suspension kit.

what are anti-lift plates?

where could i get one of those ECU's are'nt they import only?

and i dont think i have a lsd, think they are stock on the newer glanza's only.

anti-lift plates - whiteline make them, or check tgtt, VTRick sells them.

ecu's are from auctions/jap only yes, around the £400-500 mark.

lsd's were optional extra's yes, but aftermarket ones can obviously be installed into your gearbox, and are often better than the stock items (cusco, kaaz, trd etc).

yep that'll be either the fact your tyres are crap/nackered, or the fact you dont have lsd (and just ONE wheel is spinning as all the torque will be going there instead of spread evenly between the two).

aftermarket lsd's are around the 400-500 mark, new, although used ones can be had from the auctions for less, or you could buy a whole LSD gearbox from someone like trev on tgtt for about £450, then just swap gearboxes over.

hm if both wheels are spinning it may well have an lsd, but i doubt it very much, whats the gearbox code on the VIN plate under the bonnet? will be able to see from there. were there any other mods on it when it came over?

lsd keeps both wheels even so traction is spread evenly, without one just one wheel will spin, if both yours are spinning (you might wanna check because sometimes it feels like both are when only one is) then it might have one there already.

also, definately sort your tyres out first, that'll make a huge difference.

hm if both wheels are spinning it may well have an lsd, but i doubt it very much, whats the gearbox code on the VIN plate under the bonnet? will be able to see from there. were there any other mods on it when it came over?

lsd keeps both wheels even so traction is spread evenly, without one just one wheel will spin, if both yours are spinning (you might wanna check because sometimes it feels like both are when only one is) then it might have one there already.

also, definately sort your tyres out first, that'll make a huge difference.

yea will do tyres asap as they only cheap on this car 4 good ones.

i will get that code for later today will pop out soon n have a look. I'm fairly sure its both wheels have never had just one wheel spinning that i have noticed, used to be able to notice in the wet in previous cars.