power comes on totally different after engine change?

just changed my engine over to a spair one whilst i rebuild it, before i was getting full boost about 3500rpm and then it would be super fast above 60mph but not so fast to 60 also the dump valve was tempimental, now with this other engine in and thats all that was changed, the boost comes on early but the car is no where near as fast above 60 and the dump valve opens normally :S??? could it be one engine has high lift cams?

both engines are similair mileage and condition

Ignition timing ok?

Stock motors?

stock motors, havent messed with the ignition timing at all on either of them but when i got the car the engine that was in it the boy wasnt sure if it was timed correctly but it ran good and is much better than the one that am sure is timed correctly

Are all vacuums definitely fitted in the correct place?

yeah think so they were connected wrong and some not connected when i bought the car and it was running rough re connected them up correctly and just copyd that when i changed over the engine :(

Like Rory said, check timing. When I got my forged engine I swapped everything as it was just block n head I bought. Timing was out and the power never came in till 4.6k, was like nothing then everything. But after doing timing it's smooth power delivery.