Idle Problem

Hello all bit of a strange one here.

Randomly the other night my car developed an idle proble. Now this is not a perminant problem and only happens some times but is getting more frequent.

it seems after i rev my car or drive it even remotley hard the problem occurs. if it is reved, the revs drop back down to around 400 and idle there. sometimes the idle will even drop to 0, the car does not cut out tho if i press the peddle the car will rev back up and its at around 900/1000. which is were i believe it should idle.

WHen i first fitted my jam ecu the idle was wiered for a while but then sorted itself, it then seems that everytime i done a mod to my car the idle would go funny again but would always sort itself, have tried disconnecting and reconnecting ecu and lettign it idle for 30 mins but same problem occurs.

anyone shed any light?

Sounds like the idle control valve mine did this a few months ago, got a new 1 and its been fine since

Sounds like the idle control valve mine did this a few months ago, got a new 1 and its been fine since

Im not convinced its the idle control valve. Noticed recently theres been a strong smell of fuel and i get the odd back pop from over fueling. Do you think this could have anything to do with it? Dying to get this soryed as dropping revs cant be good for the turbo!

mines just gone similar since i chopped intercooler pipe work etc got a spar pipe so gonna throw it on and see if it cures it. if so then its boost leak related. yours sounds similar.