just want peoples opinions on reliability to boost ratio. a few threads say 1 bar on td04 is reliable. other threads say 1.2. then theres driver n blair who run over 1.2 for long periods. so with the right map will 1.2 be reliable or is it best running a bar till i forge. don't fancy running 1.2 for short period and engine go on me then have to go in debt to forge, without car for a few weeks etc if you know what i mean.

any reply would be nice. even a i love you lol

ok cool. cheers mate. i was thinking 1.1. then its a solid 1 bar. dunno how much brake .1 would give if i went to 1.2. suppose figures are

giggs at 1.2 is 236

majority of td04s at a bar are 210 to 220.

so 220 - 230 for 1.1 poss?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, a lot of people run 1 bar all day so 1.1 isn't pushing the limit for reliability as long as the car is looked after :)

I was thinking of running 1.2 on CT9 but it would probably go pop after a while so 1.1 will do especially as I'm only running 0.7 at the moment lol

mine was meant to be mapped to 1.2 on my tongs gt spec2. clutch started slippin at 1.2 so it was only mapped to 1.1. drove up at .6 bar. drive home was amazing. only went td04 for screamer lol and power but they sound fantastic.

anyone else have opinion. cars done roughly 60k miles. serviced reg etc thanks in advance

Personally im going 1 bar or so on A Forged lump with a Ct9 hybrid for a start, till i by a mani and the likes for my TDO4. I wouldnt go over 1bar without Forging, for piece of mind really. But its entirely upto the individual :)

• 2 weeks later...

well mapping 2moro and i'd like 1.2. but don't wanna blow engine. i think i'm being silly and just need to get it mapped to that and it'll be fine right? also am i right in thinking at .5 .6 a td04 isn't very efficient and 1.2 will be a big improvement power wise and kick etc? cheers craig

what you running power wise now or roughly i had my last starlet tdo4 at 1bar and it was just over 200bhp and it was quick for such a small motor it all comes down to what you want from the car just remember not all engines will take that boost lol

well it ran 1.1 on a hybrid, dodgy clutch, mbc which was pants and pulled 180. so engine has handled 1.1 boost pressure. be it with less air to td04. dunno power wise as td04s ran on stock ecu at .4, ebc upto .5 .6 if i feel the extra powers worth it. decided not to dyno it as it weren't mapped and it should be less than my hybrid. at .6 it doesn't feel far off the hybrid if thats poss? so if the map was a good quality map would you run 1.2, 1.1 or a bar? anyone else have any views. more the merrier. cheers

im in the same boat im looking at getting mine setup on emb on a standard lump with a td04.

Im thinking of just getting it setup at 1.2bar but there's a tiny part of me saying to stick to 1bar.

same as me brad. i want to say 1.2 but i know i should say 1 bar. i suppose i could get it mapped to 1.2. run it at 1 bar and save like mad for forge engine then whack it back up. but then it kinda defeats the object of gettin it mapped at 1.2 lol because once i can forge then i will and boost will be 1.4. tbh when i got hybrid mapped at 1.1 i didn't boost it fully till i was near home incase something went. aafter i got home.i thrashed it everywhere. any more opinions. cheers dudes