misfire? after fitting new spark plugs

Just fitted some new spark plugs. Iridium heat range 7. Now I seem to get a idle that stays normal but drops to 500/600 now and again. No cutting out. But I also get a pt pt pt pt pt from the exhaust and a sort of pinging noise from the engine mani area in tune with the idle.......

Re-fit the plugs?

Did you check the gaps between the plugs with a spacer chart? measure between the iode and the cathode?

Funny you said that. I just checked them and one is too close. So I need to adjust that one definitely.

Could be that you think?

Hi,

Plugs will come pre gapped but can be damaged or clearance mucked up in transit, Problem like this can cause a considerable loss in power,

Just see how the car runs when you try it again, more than likely the cause of the fault.

Hope this helps

Gary

What have you gapped them at? Just for future reference.

Looks about .9 but i haven't a gapper to measure it properly.

Anyway i started it this morning after spacing it and it idled better after first start and stayed around the 800 -1000 range, and letting it run when i got to work it stayed the same. So its sorted it seems.

Thanks for the pointers chaps.