Just fitted new discs and pads

Spent today fitting my new discs and pads and everything went alright tbh! Only bits of bother we ran into were the 2 piston like things on the caliper (sorry don't know what's what with brakes :lol:) which are held on with 12mm bolts iirc; they were jammed up and we had to push them out using a fair bit of force. Also found out that i have braided brake lines front and back :) aha

I took the car out for a short run and the amount of noise coming from the brakes is stupid! It sounds like a metal on metal sound and you can mainly hear it when turning right. Any idea why this is?

I didnt use any copper grease but it doesnt sound like that sort of sound. Also it only realy does it when im turning right? I've managed to get a video where you can just about hear it when im going round a roundabout. Wil upload shortly.

Only concern i have is that the brakes were making this noise before i fitted the new brakes, not as loud but definitey this noise. And only when turning right. My old brakes were a solid disc with no grooves. Confused.com :|

ahhh, that noise. its just the groved bit hitting the pads :lol: it's only notice able at low speeds. it will calm down abit once they have bedded in.

Check to make sure you replaced the shims aswell that hold the pads in place.

Took the discs off and found this on the inside! :|

bc25b1ba.jpg

e70e7984.jpg]

The shit shield has been scraping loadsss, that's what has been making the noise! (Streetracer Starlet thankyou!) Please don't tell me these discs are foooked? :lol: