race spec cam cover, what fittings

Hey guys got a spare cam cover I want to make into a race spec one.

Just wondering what size fittings and lines are best to use?

Also how to go about it i.e cut the exsisting breather off and weld a threaded fitting and how about where the PCV goes, does it need drilling out and a threaded fitting welded in place?

OR is this a better idea?

Cut the breather off, thread the hole to take a 90 degree fitting and the same with the PCV hole?

Any help appreciated as I dont want to spend stupid money doing it?

Also will the standard cover be OK for now with the PCV removed and a pipe in place just until this over is ready?

Cheers Lewis

Awsome mate :)

So if I use the -8 weld on fittings would these goodridge elbows fit?

Want it matching my oil cooler fittings :p

Clicky

hey dude i had this done on mine cut the two tubes off had two threaded aluminium threaded bungs and used - 8 elbows on it, cost me 100 powdercoated and sexy go look at the pictures of mine

I personally wouldn't bother, the original system is there to stop buildup of blowby gasses and moisture in the engine and it works well. The pcv valve can take alot of stick, it's designed the same way as the hks ssqv the more pressure behind it the more it seals when on boost.

But if your going to do it, it need to have the air dragged through it as it won't do it by it's self.

But I am going to be running pretty big boost and dont want to risk the crank seals again after changing them

Gonna have to ring the guru aka Chris lol

Those fittings will work buddy you can use -10 if you wanted buddy just need the weld on fittings to suit ive found it works well and stops any seal problems as under boost the pcv valve shuts leaving only one breather thats tiny in my opinion and only really works on stock engines anymore than 1 bar and i think your asking to much as your basically doubling the power nearly i advise it.

Yea I know mate im looking at running 1.5bar on a td04 and eveyone I see doesnt run the PCV plus it looks trick as fuck :)

Gonna go for the -8 fittings but the goodridge blue and red aeroquip style ones as -10 is a bit overkill lol

Thanks for the advise guys :p

I have a catch can at the moment but its basically acting as a big shiny breather for my one breather on the rocker which is fine.

But when removing the PCV you need a 3 port catch can for each breather off the rocker cover and then the other to vent to atmosphere, so I believe anyway.

I looked at catch can setup's and a few of the lads on TGTT did it different ways, but i cant remember/find what the ways were. This is what confused me tbh, didnt know what way would be best or that so just never did it.

So if your running higher boost this is advisable to prevent blowing your crank seal?