How many revs before your car dumps?

Hello,

Just a random question thats been playing on my mind. Was out with my mate yesterday who used to own a GT, when i was driving he said you cant realy hear your dump valve unless your going fast can you? mine used to dump at a lot lower RPM.

Which got me thinking he is right unless im driving hard it doesnt dump, the turbo is on full boost under 3k but unless im at 3800 rpm you cant hear my dumpvalve at all.

What sort of RPM do you guys get to before you can hear your dumpvalve when you let off?

It's not really rpm, but whether you have any boost built up keep an eye on your boost gauge from when it goes from vac>0.0bar then it starts making a little boost. Not sure how it is when running a BOV but mine chatters anywhere near 0bar

mine only dumps when above roughly 8 psi? anything less then that you cant realy hear it at all?

Ive got a greddy type s dumpvalve which is all working, it was dumping the same with my old bov to its weired

The spring is adjusted to dump at that pressure, anything below that and it'll be chattering. Weird you can't hear it though? It may have a leak in the diaphragm, my Type S did too it's quite common