Oil pressure take off...

Ok going to be fitting an oil pressure gauge.

So whats the best to use?

Sandwich plate or T-piece from the original oil pressure sender.

Also where do i find these? That will fit with minimal modifications to say the power steering brackets.

Thanks

Lee

Ok going to be fitting an oil pressure gauge.

So whats the best to use?

Sandwich plate or T-piece from the original oil pressure sender.

Also where do i find these? That will fit with minimal modifications to say the power steering brackets.

Thanks

Lee

Im having this same dilema! From what ive found a part needs buffed either from the sandwich plate or the power steering ( cant remember) but yet when ive looked i havent been able to find a decent mechanical pressure gauge setup.

My car currently has a mechanical oil pressure setup but ive changed the pipe to a hose ( just trying to make sure that the hose is suitable and not too large in comparison to the pipe)

I think that mechanical pressure gauge setup will always give a true reading, but people also say that electrical is alot better and easy to setup?

or you could buy one of these but for a starlet

Oil Temp / Pressure Sensor Sender Gauge Remote Adaptor

and then run it from where the standard oil warning light feed is , only downside to using this instead of a sandwhich plate is u can only use 1 gauge with it or use 2 gauges but lose ya oil warning light on ya dash

or you could buy one of these but for a starlet

Oil Temp / Pressure Sensor Sender Gauge Remote Adaptor

and then run it from where the standard oil warning light feed is , only downside to using this instead of a sandwhich plate is u can only use 1 gauge with it or use 2 gauges but lose ya oil warning light on ya dash

The mechanical gauge setup runs off of the same port on the block, the adaptor fits on to there aswell! Like you said you lose the oil warning indicator on your dash

if you've lost the aircon you could do what i've done. which is to tap the top of the turbo oil feed banjo bolt with the sensor thread.

does 2 things, one gives overall oil pressure but also assures me the turbo is getting a good supply. plenty of room to mount it there with the aircon removed.

Tim

TB Developments

John, its self explanitory really?! It really is easy. I can see if i can get a clear pic if you want?

Lee, Yeah i run a oil temp gauge aswell, i run it from an adapter in my oil cooler line, at the thermo plate.

John, its self explanitory really?! It really is easy. I can see if i can get a clear pic if you want?

Lee, Yeah i run a oil temp gauge aswell, i run it from an adapter in my oil cooler line, at the thermo plate.

Sorry, i didnt actually read what the picture notations were either! :)

I didnt even read the description.. Apologies!

Thats cool manny. If you need a hand gives a shout on here or over on TGTT

Stressfull day, got HND project due in the next week :) . Should really read things before jumping in!

Cheers bud i will do! Appreciate it

Would this way be more accurate? As my turbo is hanging out the grill anyway lol

doesn't really make a difference where it is aslong as its in full line pressure. the turbo feed is to tapping a 1/8th" npt into the top of the banjo bolt was a 2 minute job and didn't cost anything so it went there

Oil temperature i like to fit these into the sump to give an overal temperature reading. i just drop the sump and weld fittings into them, then repowdercoat when i've done customer cars in the past

Tim

TB Developments

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Remote-Oil-Pressure-...=item53e51dbecf

Oreder one of these, and run your aftermarket oil pressure gauge and your standard one.

And yes the standard one still works ;)

ull have to earth this to get the std oil light to work i had to do it to mine but its as easy as welding a bracket to the t piece and bolting it to your gearbox

Really? Mine works fine?

I dont suppose one of you lads would be kind enough to share a photo of what the oil pressure switch looks like, as my engine has an adaptor for a mechanical gauge in its place.. i think?... :)

Sits on top of the box under the intercooler pipe work.

Nah isnt on my cooler, my temp gauge is :)

what holds your adaptor up ? are your's not fitted to your oil cooler and relocation ?

@ David, i would have done the same, but space constrictions meant i run a line to mine. Makes it alot easier to get to also.