my dabble into importing has started.

well i have taken the plunge into the import game, here is my first purchase a 1998 honda civic type r with 84000 kms on the clock it is standard apart from a stainless exhaust. let me know what you think. was going to bring in a glanza but everyone seems to be doing that now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

just been looking on my insurance company's website and they only have the 2ltr type-r down but they do have a 1.6 vtec r import i wonder if that is it because if it is it will be £1040 to insure fully comp

just been looking on my insurance company's website and they only have the 2ltr type-r down but they do have a 1.6 vtec r import i wonder if that is it because if it is it will be £1040 to insure fully comp

best way is to phone them mate, they'll have to know exactly what it is, dont wanna get caught out with no insurance :p

with imports its best to talk to them anyway, not worth the risk.

nice work anyway, who did you use to bring it in if you dont mind me asking? i'm not aware of who actually owns the model report for that model civic (for the ESVA), you know who you're gonna be renting it from??? :lol:

good luck.

I got it from autoadvan, will deffo check on the insurance and i have found a company called crawford cars who have the model report for the ek9, fuck knows how much they will charge to rent it though. some model reports only cost £50 and some companys want £500!!

indeed, my cousin owns modelreportsdirect.com, so has quite a few to choose from of varying prices.

autoadvan charge a packet, there's loads of other places where they actually buy their cars from, loads of sites online which do the same service, but advan add a few grand on for the privaledge. :lol: did you look at any of the other sites, or the USS Auctions etc??

Would be worth looking at how much they want for the MR though, i'd be inclined to let them prepare it too because you wont know what the numbers need to be, they'll have the MR to hand and as such will be able to get the parts needed in case numbers dont match etc.

yes i know they add a bit on but my cousin has used them before and had no trouble with them so i thought i would try the safe option first. i have the passwords for the uss auctions and have been looking on them for a while beforehand. I am starting to think about letting someone prep it for me, the more i look into it the more of a balls ache it seems to be.

Tell me bout it!

I used to do it mate, was an assistant for the tests themselves aswell as helping out with the conversions/preparations etc, so i know exactly whats involved (althoughy obviously not for every individual model report, because that varies greatly).