EP70 - Where can i get one?

I have been looking for an EP70 to go along with my EP82 but I am really struggling to find any anywhere apart from abroad. Where do they normally crop up or more to the point anyone know of one for sale? :thumbsup:

Guest Enzo

there was a silver one for sale on ebay last week a 1 litre

ebay is your best bet, a couple pop up every month on there.

failing that 3-4 pop up on the auctions over in the motherland every month but costs would spiral to 3-4 times as much as finding a uk spec car

Guest Enzo

na they are like hens teath

your lucky if one pops up every couple of months at the auctions in japland im sure the turbo charged ones are designated as ep71 but might be wrong there

good ep70s are hard to come by!!! beige and silver ones often pop up on ebay.

they are usually a 1.0 na carb, you may be lucky enough to come across a dx or si model which were 1.3 efi na!!!

if you want a turbo one they are the ep71!! they can either be called the super s or the turbo s

there may be more names for the turbo ones. turbos are soooooo hard to find

when ep70's crop up they seem to be worth about the same as a sportif and turbos are worth the same as a good glanza. but if they dont have service history and low milage expect some work!!!!

they are reliable if looked after properly, if its showing signs of packing in dont expect engine parts to be easy to find, conversion is a good option!!!

and replacing rusty wings will cost you a fortune. my only quote ive been able to get so far is £127 each, everywhere else i went to cant supply them!!!!!! bumpers etc are avalible from germany on ebay uk buy postage makes them expensive.

all in all, try and find a tidy complete car purely for parts prices and keep some money aside for conversion, thats gonna be my next step when insurance has come down!!! :thumbsup:

hope this helps!!! B)

boom!

if i had a like button id be liking that reply ^^

thanks mate!!!

if a 70 owner cant know the shiz on a 70 who can!!!!!

my post may have looked like i was trying to scare you off but i had to warn you. they need an owner with a deeper pocket. thats why mines near standard (big update overdue pics in a couple of weeks :thumbsup: )

but i would recomend to anyone, they are the ultimate sleeper, a k11 micra lookalike with a touch more power and slightly sharper styling and more charm/personality than you can shake a stick at!!!!!

im not sure ill ask him wasnt brilliant had rear dif welded etc and was a bit of a cheap fun lol

theres a few old school starlets on ebay not sure if they ended though

EP70's are fwd

Its the KP's that are rwd :thumbsup:

good reply there from series70boy thanks for that

i actually a big secret admirer of the 70 series and have always said one day i hope to get a ep71 so its good to know if i do theres atleast one person with some good knowledge of them if needed :thumbsup:

all of the 1 litres are ep70 which only came in carb where as all 1.3 litres are ep71s including carb and injection models and as for the turbos they were either turbo s turbo s super limited or turbo r turbo r being the light weight model and the super limited being the top of the range model leared this as I've been a fan and owner of boxy starlets with a long time and owning a 1 litre carb ep70 xl, a 1.3 injection ep71 si super limited and a turbo s super limited.... there has been 2 or 3 turbos sold here in ireland in the last 3 months so keep an eye out on DoneDeal.ie

good reply there from series70boy thanks for that

i actually a big secret admirer of the 70 series and have always said one day i hope to get a ep71 so its good to know if i do theres atleast one person with some good knowledge of them if needed :thumbsup:

no probs at all mate, any info needed ill do my best to supply the goods, i really have geeked up on all the starlets as much as possible since joining the club building up as vast a bank of knowledge on buying, parts and modding (not just for the ep70). but turbo systems etc are a little over my head!!!!

all of the 1 litres are ep70 which only came in carb where as all 1.3 litres are ep71s including carb and injection models and as for the turbos they were either turbo s turbo s super limited or turbo r turbo r being the light weight model and the super limited being the top of the range model leared this as I've been a fan and owner of boxy starlets with a long time and owning a 1 litre carb ep70 xl, a 1.3 injection ep71 si super limited and a turbo s super limited.... there has been 2 or 3 turbos sold here in ireland in the last 3 months so keep an eye out on DoneDeal.ie

thanks for clearing up any discrepancies in my post mate!!!

all in all though thay are just like working on a mini!!! just as small just as light, but a little bit more electronical high tech!!!!

james

God i love these boxy things lol :thumbsup:

no probs at all mate, any info needed ill do my best to supply the goods, i really have geeked up on all the starlets as much as possible since joining the club building up as vast a bank of knowledge on buying, parts and modding (not just for the ep70). but turbo systems etc are a little over my head!!!!

thanks for clearing up any discrepancies in my post mate!!!

all in all though thay are just like working on a mini!!! just as small just as light, but a little bit more electronical high tech!!!!

james

Hard to come by, due to the owners being 90+ lol :D . Few pop up on ebay but also check the local paper and the sales boards on asda/tesco ect. Remember the oldies cant work a computer :D

I fucking LOVE 70's but there old and all need work :D , if i was buying one i'd want to do a full resto on it, money wise just now i'd rather put it into an engine and rape audis lol

with a 20v 4age blacktop and a stainless system it would not only rape audi's but also make love to your ears with the sound!!! they sound the sex with that engine in!!!!! proper wolf in sheeps clothing!!!!!