Well started stripping the car down yesterday to get the new td04 kit on but one of the manifold to turbo bolts has snapped! It doesn't look easy to get out either.. picture:

b515705f.jpg

Is there anyway i can get the manifold bolt that is behind the turbo off so i can remove the unit in one piece? Then i can deal with that bolt after.

You talking about the bottom left one?

Well...... To get to that one heres what i used to do, i would bolt up the old TMIC pipe (hotside) and pull on it. It would then rotate the compressor housing on the ct9 and i could get to it easily.

Cheers for the replys guys. I can't budge the turbo at all, with and without the intercooler piping on. I'll see if i can borrow one of those swivel joints off a mate, if not, i'll remove the power steering pump :thumbsup:

I think its just my retardedness but the power steering pump seems really hard to get off? I have adjusted the one nut down which holds the pump up and removed the 14mm screw which goes into the side of it but it still isnt budging? Is there move that needs to removed?

Thankyou!