Hi guys,

We're running out of ideas with this problem on the Glanza. Sometimes the car runs absolutely perfect, then the next day it idles funny.

Now the car runs lumpy, as in the revs go up and down from 1500-200rpm while the car idles. The first thing we suspected was an air leak after the throttle body so we checked that by blocking the throttle body and the car cut out straight away, so that rules the air leak out. We tried the usuals such as adjusting the distributor and TPS but nothing helped. We removed all the vacuums that feed the boost gauge, boost controller etc and looped the manifold on itself but this didn't make any difference either. We then removed the vacuum to the MAP sensor and the idle went smooth and dropped down to around 1100. So, we tried another MAP sensor but that made no difference either. We've checked the spark, fuel etc and there's nothing suspicious to be seen. Any ideas would be appreciated?

Cheers

Idrees

did you calibrate the TPS? (thread on tgtt)

although you`ve checked, seal the throttle body and manifold using a new gasket/some sealer to be 100%

earths ok?

small fuel pressure regulator hose in?

We removed the inlet manifold and fitted new gaskets with some instant sealant too. Yeah the earths are fine and double checked, and the TPS was calibrated by my mate using a multimeter.

Yes we tried another map sensor straight away and yes it sounds like it's running on 3! :D

James we used the needle type. Asad, the small FPR hose is T'd in to the back of the inlet as this custom inlet doesn't have an output on the runner. It's a temporary job until I fit the Sard FPR after bedding in the engine.

The 3rd injector doesn't seem to be fuelling. We removed the 3rd spark plug and started the engine, no fuel came spraying up from the bore. I've tried a new set of injectors (OEM) but that didn't fix it, my mate checked the injector plug with a multi meter and it is working as it should. :D