Only the port under the bonnet im afraid (old skool) There is an adaptor for that plug though or just bridge the terminals....TE1 and E1 im sure ;)

....Or is it TC1 ,lol cant remember

LOL, you were right the first time. It's not a diagnostic test i'm after. I've been looking at a gizmo that plugs into a OBD II port and reads off of the sensors in real time to give you info on water temp, rpm, speed, etc. whatever sensors you have on the car basically.

I thought every car post 96 was supposed to have one, they obviously missed the starlet. :p

Yeah there is an adaptor for the Toyota IT (inteligent tester) Using the tester in data list form gives you all those details,injector rates,ignition degrees,coolant temp ect ect. Pretty sure its a special Toyota part though. We have it in the work for the "old skool" cars :D:p ;)

Do you mean it converts the stock toyota plug to an OBD II port?

My mate plugged his laptop into my girlfriends new beetle -- it's got OBDII, you wouldn't need a gauge! Told you everything!

We don't have it on our starlets, it was only compulsory 2001 onwards I think??

I think what he meant was does this toyota tool turn the diagnostics box into a pseudo-OBDII port... IE. can you get all the sensor data from the tool?

Yes, that's what i meant, lol. Oh well, if it wasn't compulsory til 2001 then not to worry. Back to the laptop through the motc when it's fitted then. Was hoping to use one of these gizmo's though as they're a lot smaller than a laptop.