I am running a td04 at 0.92 bar and its currently running 218bhp. Now i would like a little bit more power but i dont want to put too much strain on the turbo, i have heard a few people talk about meth kits for the glanza. Now i have no idea on what this does and how it works.

Also is it very dangerous and is there many things that can go wrong?

I want to hit the 250bhp mark without going for a forged engine basically.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Your engine components will only withstand 'x' amount of BHP; meth just decreases the risk of det within your engine by making it richer by adding more fuel (meth) in to the mix. Meth will help get more out of a map/power gains by allowing you to run the car leaner in your fueling but abviously that carries its own potential problems (as with everything).

I think I remember someone a little while ago managing to hit 250bhp on a standard engine, but each car is different mate, if its not your daily runner and you accept it could give in, then go for it, otherwise id be reluctant to push for 250 on a stock engine. Just my opinion though :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

well actually its because meth has a higher effective det suppression level so allows you to run more ignition advance in the timing which leads to more power.

i used this on my mr2 and without any other chances apart from upping the timing on the ecu went from 308bhp to 325bhp.

i have the same kit on my glanza but yet to get it working and dyno'd so can't tell you any results yet

Tim

TB Developments

• 2 years later...