hi guys

have been thinking about doing things to my car again now that the summer has arrived properly!!!!!

i have new wheels on photos to come when i have finnished cleaning them up!!! a steering wheel is on its way and i cant lower it on these wheels or it will scrape!!!!! and finally calipers are painted so nothing to do to the interior and exterior at the moment untill i have megga bucks!!!

now i am at the stage of wanting to beef up the engine bay with some tasty accesories!!!

i was thinking about an fpr, a strut brace, catch can and from there i am stumped!!! i will put a nice air filter kit on when i have done some fact finding and trouble shooting!!!!

at the moment all i have bought is a can of degreaser to attack the bay with, a pair of new battery terminals and am looking for a new subtle sports backbox and cool catch can!!!

my main questions are could i fit an fpr to my 2e carb engine and if so how?

and what else should i consider that is also inexpensive??

thanks!!

just go mad n clean everythin and replace all the little pipes for silicone ones. doesnt have to be loads of accessories if its mint clean . ;)

Russell

sounds a good plan and i suppose some plated pipe clips and some funky coloured hoses wouldnt be too expensive!!! nice plan mate!!!

i heard these with filters like those dont run great in the cold weather tho

i hadnt heard anything!!! will keep a watch out for any word of that on the net!!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

with a bolt on filter like this you do run the risk of 'carb freezing' in cold weather, the air box on carbed cars normally have a take off with a pipe that runs to the exhaust manifold area, this is to make sure the carb air stays warmish in the winter months, to stop 'carb freeze', not sure if all carbed cars have this setup, but all of my carbed cars have.

all the cars I've owned with carbs I have swapped to either bolt on K&N filters or proper down draught or side draught webbers, and I can honestly say I've never once had any carb freeze in this country!!! it might be more prominent in colder climates!!

also when changing to a bolt on it would probably be worth taking the car to a tuner who can rejet to suit your mods fitted!