glanza automatic.......change it to a manual

hi guys

basically im going on wednesday to look at a automatic glanza......as a project to do up and change to a manual.

i was just wondering whether this has been done before and if so what i need and how hard is it to do..........i know i need the following

[*]gearbox

[*]driveshafts

[*]clutch and flywheel

[*]gear linkages and selectors gear knob

[*]hydraulics for clutch reservoir pipework to slave cylinder

[*]pedal box

[*]gearbox mount

are the bulkheads the same on glanz auto's and manuals and would i need to change wiring loom???

also some rough prices for parts as cud do with getting figures together

also if anyone has done it on there build threads that wud be great!!!

any help is appreciated many thanks steve

I think TGTT deals with the technical stuff a bit more tbh bud however I hnow it can be done. The loom is different aswell as far as i am aware. Would be bettter suited selling yours and buing a manual to save the trouble tbh mate. By the time you get all that stuff you are looking at well over a grand!

hi mate,you will be able to run on the auto wiring and ecu small modification on iginition barel,reverse light wiring need to be extended and two wires need to be join,even driveshaft are the same if you going to put a normal glanza box,need to drill the bulkhead for clutch pedal..not that difficult,have change my auto to a 6 speed but don't have a build for it check on here sure there should have that somewhere,go for it can be done..

If its anything like when my mate changed his Accord Vtec form Auto to Manual it ran like a sack of shit, still sorting it out fully now (6months on). But that's due the the electrics on them being so different for the auto and manual.

Looks an easier job on the Glanza though.

Jamie

ok mate what modification on barrell??

and how big hole would i have to drill bulkhead?? and cool if driveshafts are same then bonus lol less to buy. did u have trouble with mounting hydraulics for slave cylinder????

thanks mate ste

on auto if the car is not on park ,the key does not come out,need to remove the cable from selector to barrell,then put the key lock on unlock posiiton(fix it there) so that your key come out ,drilling the bulkhead is easier if your engine is out,only three hole for the clutch cylinder just next to the brake servo,if you get all the pipe with the clutch cylinder to slave cylinder.or it can be custom made..