Hey guys, sorry this isn't a build thread as I am really low on funds at the moment. The main reason is because here, in New Zealand, you have to certify pretty much anything done to performance/handling which costs $300/154 pounds every time. Even a pod filter FFS! I just wanted to introduce myself and my Glanza. So, hey! Im Varun, or you can call me Prune (don't ask!) and this is my new S.

Anyway, you might have seen me looking around for bits here and there in the past month. I was collecting bits for this little cutie that I was looking at..

36860444.jpg

I just wanted a car that was different from others. You don't see many Glanza's where I am, and Civic's are just TOO common! This particular one was just perfect. It was non-turbo (insurance is cheap), manual and had only done 56,000 miles. The previous owner imported it from Japan and only put on a unknown brand of exhaust system (which doesn't sound bad to be honest).

List of things I have done to it:

- OEM front strut brace

- Advanti Sprint 17x7 wheels

- Renault Laguna front splitter

I have a rear axle from a GT sitting in the garage, which should be on during the Christmas holidays. The standard brakes are terrible!

This is how it is now..

77813281.jpg

dscn4047.jpg

dscn4048.jpg

p1407111529.jpg

p140711152901.jpg

p1407111019.jpg

I think, in that last picture, the rear looks a bit odd. An OEM rear lip from Iddy should fix it!

So, what you guys think?

looks too high on 17s imo. but each to their own

also surely 17s on a n/a must be slow!

also, that spoiler looks different? looks oem, but longer?

Yea, I agree. Lol. But I had no choice. Im still looking for 15x7's but I cant find any good ones. I really like the Rota Grids but importing them would be costly.. And its sitting on springs too.

Im not too sure on the spoiler though. It looks the same as all the other Glanzas out here :/

The main reason is because here, in New Zealand, you have to certify pretty much anything done to performance/handling which costs $300/154 pounds every time. Even a pod filter FFS!

I have a rear axle from a GT sitting in the garage, which should be on during the Christmas holidays. The standard brakes are terrible!

Welcome to the club man.

Where did you hear that you need a cert for a pod filter? Ive been running one for the last 2 years and havent had any problems with the police or wof places.

You only need a cert if you do an engine swap, add coilovers, add a turbo or increase power by more than 20% over what it left the factory with.

(ive probably missed some things but those are the main ones)

Does the GT rear axle have abs? If not the abs computer will think that the rear wheels have locked up and will activate (or possibly stop working) even on light braking.

PS. What part of Auckland are you in?

Welcome to the club man.

Where did you hear that you need a cert for a pod filter? Ive been running one for the last 2 years and havent had any problems with the police or wof places.

You only need a cert if you do an engine swap, add coilovers, add a turbo or increase power by more than 20% over what it left the factory with.

(ive probably missed some things but those are the main ones)

Does the GT rear axle have abs? If not the abs computer will think that the rear wheels have locked up and will activate (or possibly stop working) even on light braking.

PS. What part of Auckland are you in?

I got told this by some guy at Hyper. I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Yea, the brakes have ABS :lol:

Im from Mangere Bridge. Yourself?

I travel on Motorway 20 ALOT, so if you're close by you'll probably see me alot.

I'm from Drury so not too far from there.

If you want a hand doing the rear axle swap send me a pm closer to the time and I might be able to help.

I'm considering doing the same and getting a glanza or cynos rear axle. Where'd you get yours from?

I'm from Drury so not too far from there.

If you want a hand doing the rear axle swap send me a pm closer to the time and I might be able to help.

I'm considering doing the same and getting a glanza or cynos rear axle. Where'd you get yours from?

I got mine from a guy breaking his GT from TradeMe. But I need new discs because the ones on the axle are just made of rust. Lol.