Well I've been wanting to get into photography for a while now and i see that some people take someawesome pics...

Its coming upto my birthday and the other half is willing to pay upto £400 for a camera.

What hints/tips do you lot have for me like where to look what to get and whats the best photo suite to change sharpen etc etc

As mentioned im a real beginer but i want to start out with somthing decentish?

Dan

research it all online dude i prefer canon and have the 450d my cuzin is massivley into webdesign and art and he has the 50d

canon can use any lens any brand , where as pentax can only use pentax lens and nikon only nikon lens n vice versa

i got my camera with a bag 4 mem cards a load of accesories card reader etc for £130 , aslong as the body hasnt been dropped etc or messed around it shud be ok

theres so much to learn , look online , pick up a photography magazine they do reviews go speak to jessops etc

all i can suggest really is get a DSLR, i got mine a few years ago and its been great, its only a Nikon D40 cost about £350 ish at the time, but the image quality is far better than normal digital camera's.

Id add a little bit more money and try get a nikon D3100, should get one for under £450. Kind of a budget slr but suppose to be good for the money

canon can use any lens any brand , where as pentax can only use pentax lens and nikon only nikon lens n vice versa

whaaat lol?! On canon's you can only use canon lenses or ones made by a 3rd party company that has the correct mount, companies like sigma/tamron etc, same with nikon etc. All lenses made by canon fit there bodies, unless you have a 1D/1ds series camera, that only use the EF mount, not EF-s mount that fits everything else..like your 400/40D etc..

It all depends on what you want to shoot, as of what to get..IMO if you wanna shoot sport get a canon.. look at second had 30/40/50D's as their af system is alot better than on the 3**/4**D series, Frames per second is also higher which is good if your just getting into sport etc..its not all about the body tho..lenses make more of a big difference, so its worth investing more in that area :)

if you wanna shoot people and portraits etc more than sport/cars etc get a nikon imo! Personally thing you get alot nicer skin tone off the cam..