hi

i`ve been following the starlet forums for some time & there doesn`t seem to be any good ignition up-grades that stand the test of time

is there any that actually add more than BLING ??

is the multi-coil pack or the coil on plug mod worth it apart from the cost these are the only mods i`ve seen mentioned

is there performance parts to replace in the std distributor i haven`t been able to find any

ideas friends if there is any

thanks lyle

not many people are experimenting with new things, theres a few builds that have used coilpacks but most people see it fit to re-new the standard items and thats it (most cases this is enough) i guess its just expense and the fact there engine setup doesnt require it that people dont do it (needs a standalone ECU to run and mapping costs too aswell as the initial outlay)

the first question you need to ask yourself is, do i really need it? running high rpm? (spark can disintigrate at high rpms) massive boost levels running nos etc etc? it can give you better fuel economy/driveability i guess.....but the initial cost and the cost of replacement coilpacks would easily be more than what money you`ve saved

socks has just commented on how much smoother his car has got just by replacing the dizzy cap and rotor arm...mabe you should do the same? get some new leads and iridium plugs (grade BKR5EIX for the N/A)

not many people are experimenting with new things, theres a few builds that have used coilpacks but most people see it fit to re-new the standard items and thats it (most cases this is enough) i guess its just expense and the fact there engine setup doesnt require it that people dont do it (needs a standalone ECU to run and mapping costs too aswell as the initial outlay)

the first question you need to ask yourself is, do i really need it? running high rpm? (spark can disintigrate at high rpms) massive boost levels running nos etc etc? it can give you better fuel economy/driveability i guess.....but the initial cost and the cost of replacement coilpacks would easily be more than what money you`ve saved

socks has just commented on how much smoother his car has got just by replacing the dizzy cap and rotor arm...mabe you should do the same? get some new leads and iridium plugs (grade BKR5EIX for the N/A)

hi

i have replaced the leads & plugs ,perhaps i should consider cap&rotor next

old school you were able to go electronic / pointless distributors&performance coils but there doesn`t seem to be any performance replacements for the starlet apart from coilpacks

lyl e

• 2 weeks later...

hi

just another thought canthe 4efte coil &ext coil set-up be used &adapted ??

this would then let you at least use a different coil & cdi unit wouldn`t it ??

what about the coil packs &trigger unit that is on one of the 4efe units STD has anyone done any work with them to see if it is fittable to another motor or checked it out for similaraties

lyle

Simply put no one on here has tried it, if you want more info have a search thru tgtt thats where most of the high HP cars reside so you could possibly get some help

heres a thread and you can get the gist of peoples views hence why it hasnt been done

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....amp;hl=coilpack

the 4efe which come in the ep95 are just cast away by people who are power hungry so theres never a chance to experiment, the bug eye corolla 4efe came with coilpacks too

the 4efe which come in the ep95 are just cast away by people who are power hungry so theres never a chance to experiment, the bug eye corolla 4efe came with coilpacks too

hi

so does someone have a set-up sitting on a shelf that i can acquire coil-packs /trigger assy & any wiring that might be useful

pm me

lyle

• 12 years later...